How essential is Webpath versus First Aid images?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MedianMS1

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
For images that appear on the USMLE, are the images in First Aid sufficient? Or is it necessary to you use Webpath? Webpath seems like a great resource, and it is obvious that you would do better if you also used Webpath. But if you feel you are not in position to ace boards, and are just trying to pass it, are the images in First Aid sufficient?

(By the way I am now a MedianMS2 even though my screen name is Median MS1).

Members don't see this ad.

I will add to my initial post because I forgot about that for a moment...
Basically I am asking, what is the best way to study images for Step 1, regarding the options of First Aid, Robbins Review, and Webpath. Do you need all three, a combination of two, or just one? Again, obviously you'll do best if you use all three, but if you are trying to maximize time efficiency to just get an average score.

I don't think Robbins Review should be considered as a source for studying images. Many of its questions have them but it is by no means near complete.

I think when most people on this forum talk about using webpath they are referring to the questions. However I'm sure it's a fine resource for images as well.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for the replies everyone. But to clarify...for people who said they liked Webpath or liked Robbins, etc., which sources did you use overall? Did you use Webpath alone, Robbins alone, or did you also use First Aid? I am making a big deal of this because overall I am depending heavily on First Aid, except for the images I am not so sure that it is sufficient, and I have actually heard that the images in First Aid were worthless (this was from people who otherwise loved First Aid).

Thanks for the replies everyone. But to clarify...for people who said they liked Webpath or liked Robbins, etc., which sources did you use overall? Did you use Webpath alone, Robbins alone, or did you also use First Aid? I am making a big deal of this because overall I am depending heavily on First Aid, except for the images I am not so sure that it is sufficient, and I have actually heard that the images in First Aid were worthless (this was from people who otherwise loved First Aid).
try not to limit ur image source to just one book.........I would look over webpath in addition........or robbins path atlas is also brilliant........