how far are you in the application process?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

How far are you in the application process?

• Haven't submitted AMCAS yet

Votes: 19 15.6%
  • Just submitted AMCAS, haven't done anything else yet

Votes: 25 20.5%
  • Done with a few secondaries

Votes: 44 36.1%
  • Done with about 25% of secondaries

Votes: 20 16.4%
  • Done with about 50% of secondaries

Votes: 10 8.2%
  • Done with about 75% of secondaries

Votes: 4 3.3%

• Total voters

Dulcina

=)
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
just out of curiosity, how far are people in the app process? (i hope im doing this poll thing right, cant quite figure it out)

Members don't see this ad.

Would it be possible to add an option that says "Waiting in Limbo Hell"...I know that there are a bunch of us that submitted AMCAS weeks ago, but the verification process is keeping us from starting secondaries...

you should start to receive a few secondaries even before verification.....watch that inbox!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Would it be possible to add an option that says "Waiting in Limbo Hell"...I know that there are a bunch of us that submitted AMCAS weeks ago, but the verification process is keeping us from starting secondaries...

i think you qualify for the 2nd category: submitted amcas but havent done anything else yet.

if you'd like to be relieved from your limbo hell, here: =)

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=419935

I'm done with about 50% of my secondaries. But I'm done with all of the ones available except UMD.

Of all the skewed SDN polls, I think this one might be skewed the most when compared with the normal med school applicant pool.

heh, probably. i guess we'll just compare within our limited SDN-world, knowing that we arent a representative pop.

Of all the skewed SDN polls, I think this one might be skewed the most when compared with the normal med school applicant pool.

Yea... I've definitely talked to some people who said "the deadline is in October, isn't it?" :rolleyes:

I encouraged them to apply earlier.

Yea... I've definitely talked to some people who said "the deadline is in October, isn't it?" :rolleyes:

I encouraged them to apply earlier.
One of my peers told me he was applying to 3 schools in november with a 25 and 3.3something....so ehh..

One of my peers told me he was applying to 3 schools in november with a 25 and 3.3something....so ehh..

did you tell him to apply sooner? or was this last year?

where's the button for "accepted". :D

Members don't see this ad :)
PS: I need to change my vote from 25% done with secs to 50%...Ive gotten like 8 secondaries in the past couple days and have turned 7 in.

PS: I need to change my vote from 25% done with secs to 50%...Ive gotten like 8 secondaries in the past couple days and have turned 7 in.

damn! how are you so efficient? i have no idea how to change votes.

I submitted my AMCAS to a bunch of schools and I haven't received any pre-verification secondaries.. I even applied to schools that traditionally send you a secondary about an hour after your submit you primary (like WashU). What should I do?

damn! how are you so efficient? i have no idea how to change votes.
well thankfully I got to reuse some of the essays for these, I also prewrote 3 of them....from there it was just writing one more essay and filling in the usual BS.

I submitted my AMCAS to a bunch of schools and I haven't received any pre-verification secondaries.. I even applied to schools that traditionally send you a secondary about an hour after your submit you primary (like WashU). What should I do?

when did you submit your amcas? it took WashU 2 days to send me the secondary. maybe they're just swamped.

well thankfully I got to reuse some of the essays for these, I also prewrote 3 of them....from there it was just writing one more essay and filling in the usual BS.

well damn i'm jealous. I'm prewriting the super-easy essays, like "what did you do after graduation", but I've been too nervous to prewrite the harder ones. Hopefully I'll get up the nerve to tackle those soon.

bumpity bump bump a-bumparoo

I am also having hard time working on the hard secondary (you know the one that asks for reflection etc). Since I spend way too much time on the primary essays, I can not pull myself to do quick turn around without like 25 rounds of polishing. Anyhow, I will start next weekend.