How far are you willing to travel morning of?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Polkadotfan

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just curious how far others will travel morning of interviews? I have a school within 3 hours and I really can't afford hotels for ALL of them so I figure wake up 4 hours early and just go.

Members don't see this ad.

Just curious how far others will travel morning of interviews? I have a school within 3 hours and I really can't afford hotels for ALL of them so I figure wake up 4 hours early and just go.

Will be driving to two of my interviews. One will be leaving at 2am, the other leaving at ~5am.

Reactions: 1 user
i would suggest against leaving early before. you'll probably be exhausted unless youre used to working on so little sleep. I woke up at 6:30 for an interview and I was exhausted by the end of it. Think about it, this is what may define whether you will get in or not so i personally wouldn't take that chance.

Members don't see this ad :)
I never wanted to travel more than 30 min. I'd want to be well rested before something that hinges on an acceptance.

Reactions: 3 users
i would suggest against leaving early before. you'll probably be exhausted unless youre used to working on so little sleep. I woke up at 6:30 for an interview and I was exhausted by the end of it. Think about it, this is what may define whether you will get in or not so i personally wouldn't take that chance.
I'm really good at little sleep and tend to work better if I have a lot of time to clear my head. Plus because of some other circumstances I'm trying to limit my overnight stays anywhere.

I'm really good at little sleep and tend to work better if I have a lot of time to clear my head. Plus because of some other circumstances I'm trying to limit my overnight stays anywhere.
I think it depends on the person. I need enough sleep to function but a lot of people don't. do what you feel most comfortable with. I would probably go to bed earlier if I were waking up super early to drive!

I traveled 100 miles, took me about 2 hours. Make sure you take enough time for unexpected - traffic and minor repair, like flat tire. Woke up at 3 AM, felt fine all day

I traveled 100 miles, took me about 2 hours. Make sure you take enough time for unexpected - traffic and minor repair, like flat tire. Woke up at 3 AM, felt fine all day

Yeah, it's not too bad especially if you get an early sleep in.

Yeah, it's not too bad especially if you get an early sleep in.
I also contacted school, informed them that I'm traveling by car and asked where to call if I wouldn't be able to make it on time because of broken car etc.
Ideally we all need to be dressed for success, well prepared and slept, on time...but life happens

Reactions: 3 users