Polkadotfan

5+ Year Member
Jul 9, 2014
Status
Pre-Dental
Just curious how far others will travel morning of interviews? I have a school within 3 hours and I really can't afford hotels for ALL of them so I figure wake up 4 hours early and just go.

2+ Year Member
Aug 3, 2015
Status
Pre-Dental
Just curious how far others will travel morning of interviews? I have a school within 3 hours and I really can't afford hotels for ALL of them so I figure wake up 4 hours early and just go.
Will be driving to two of my interviews. One will be leaving at 2am, the other leaving at ~5am.

Reactions: mrsS
Nov 9, 2015
Status
Pre-Dental
i would suggest against leaving early before. you'll probably be exhausted unless youre used to working on so little sleep. I woke up at 6:30 for an interview and I was exhausted by the end of it. Think about it, this is what may define whether you will get in or not so i personally wouldn't take that chance.

OP
Polkadotfan

Polkadotfan

5+ Year Member
Jul 9, 2014
Status
Pre-Dental
i would suggest against leaving early before. you'll probably be exhausted unless youre used to working on so little sleep. I woke up at 6:30 for an interview and I was exhausted by the end of it. Think about it, this is what may define whether you will get in or not so i personally wouldn't take that chance.
I'm really good at little sleep and tend to work better if I have a lot of time to clear my head. Plus because of some other circumstances I'm trying to limit my overnight stays anywhere.

Nov 9, 2015
Status
Pre-Dental
I'm really good at little sleep and tend to work better if I have a lot of time to clear my head. Plus because of some other circumstances I'm trying to limit my overnight stays anywhere.
I think it depends on the person. I need enough sleep to function but a lot of people don't. do what you feel most comfortable with. I would probably go to bed earlier if I were waking up super early to drive!

oralcare123

7+ Year Member
Apr 13, 2010
Status
I traveled 100 miles, took me about 2 hours. Make sure you take enough time for unexpected - traffic and minor repair, like flat tire. Woke up at 3 AM, felt fine all day

2+ Year Member
Aug 3, 2015
Status
Pre-Dental
I traveled 100 miles, took me about 2 hours. Make sure you take enough time for unexpected - traffic and minor repair, like flat tire. Woke up at 3 AM, felt fine all day
Yeah, it's not too bad especially if you get an early sleep in.