How far do u have to drive to your test location?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

estradiol9

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm trying to reschedule my test date and the only seat open is 1 hour away. The test is at 1pm. I know there are 2 other testing locations closer but not sure if I should wait and risk not getting a seat on the date I want.. Is driving an hour before the exam a bad idea?

Members don't see this ad.

Mine is about two hours away, so I'm planning on staying at a hotel the night before. If the site is 30 minutes or less, driving there on the day of the test is fine if it's at 1pm. But considering traffic and the stress, I would stay at an apartment if you think the traffic is really going to be tough that day if you're 1 hour away.

Members don't see this ad :)
I had somebody drive me the first time. I thought I'd be so zonked by the end of the test that it'd be unsafe for me to drive. But when I got out, I wished I'd just driven myself. I wasn't so much exhausted as I was relieved.

Mine is 9 hours away ;) I decided that instead of taking the site an hour from me, I'd use the one half an hour from my folks' place. Driving down about three days in advance.

So yeah, clearly I think that being an hour away is too much. :laugh:

Flying back to parents' in NY about maybe a month before the test? I just hope I don't get distracted by the city... Every time I go, I wind up having a shopping spree. I'm gonna need to have my mom take my credit card and give it back to me after the test is over so I have something to look forward to.

10-15 min. Flying home for two weeks after finals to relax, clear my head, finish the final 3 aamcs, take the real deal, and then get drunk with my family. Then summer classes and research start 2 days later. Buuuut let's not think about that for now. 8am class 4 hours a day 4 days a week + another class. Good life decision.

I think I'm about 45min from my test center. My dad wants to drive me because its an important day which I think is cute! :love:

Breeniee that is exactly what I'm doing! And because working on VR turns into online shopping after about an hr. I get my card back as soon as this is over!