How far down your matchlist did you guys go?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

anthroguy

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey guys. Im a 4th year DO student gearing up for the match. I only applied to MD programs and went on 9 interviews. I was offerred a prematch at 2 but rejected them as they were the weakest/worst programs I had been to. My match list will have 7 programs as I just found out those two programs filled and withdrew from the match. My question is how far did you guys go down your list in previous years. I know I should be fine, but the shrinking of the match list has got me anxious. Thanks guys!

Members don't see this ad.

How did you find out the programs withdrew from that match? Is that information released on the NRMP website?

Thanks

How did you find out the programs withdrew from that match? Is that information released on the NRMP website?

Thanks

Hey i was messing with my rank list and the programs status was "WITHDRAWN" at the page where you can change the rankings of the programs.

Members don't see this ad :)
hey guys. Im a 4th year DO student gearing up for the match. I only applied to MD programs and went on 9 interviews. I was offerred a prematch at 2 but rejected them as they were the weakest/worst programs I had been to. My match list will have 7 programs as I just found out those two programs filled and withdrew from the match. My question is how far did you guys go down your list in previous years. I know I should be fine, but the shrinking of the match list has got me anxious. Thanks guys!

I keep being told that if your an American grad with solid grades/scores and a good interview you should get your 1 or 2 within reason.

I keep being told that if your an American grad with solid grades/scores and a good interview you should get your 1 or 2 within reason.

While generally true, I'd always been told that applied to US MD students. Depending on where you are, that may or may not be true for DOs.