How far is your closest MD school?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
10min walk. 3min drive. UCLA. but I have no chance of getting in...

Members don't see this ad.

Loyola 32miles = 1hr 15~20minutes, Gotta love I.D.O.T. Construction season

Members don't see this ad :)
Hm, interesting, never thought much about this. I have Wayne State (my UG institution), less than 30 minutes east... U of Michigan less than 30 minutes west... Oakland U (that will be opening) about 45 tops east... Michigan State usually takes me an hour or so north... and then U of Toledo is maybe 45 south. I never noticed that SO MANY were so close, but then again, that doesn't mean I'm urban. I actually live in a rural area with fields all around.

With most medical schools in urban areas, and statistically more pre meds in urban areas than not, I bet that I live farther away from a medical school than most.

The closest MD school is about 100 miles away, but it is OOS. My state school is about 150 miles away.

The nearest DO school is about 200 miles from me

From where I lived in undergrad there were 3 schools less than 30 miles away- I didn't apply to any of them.
the state school was about 2 hours away...
Tech was 1500 miles away which is where I went.

About an 8hr. flight (round trip approx. $1400) and a few time zones away. I'm not joking nor am I being sarcastic. There is one University and one community college at our disposal and NO med. schools within a few thousand miles (about 3800 miles from the nearest US accredited Med. school). Guess where I am?

3 miles away. Waiting for post interview decision...

Where I'm from: 15 mins - Albert Einstein in the Bronx
My University: 1hr 30mins - SUNY Upstate in Syracuse

About an 8hr. flight (round trip approx. $1400) and a few time zones away. I'm not joking nor am I being sarcastic. There is one University and one community college at our disposal and NO med. schools within a few thousand miles (about 3800 miles from the nearest US accredited Med. school). Guess where I am?
DING DING DING we have a winner lol.

But WWAMI is Alaska's medical school
at least that's what the website said

Members don't see this ad :)

I guess i did win this one...well to put it in perspective Ive lost this one! No biggie...you want something bad enough you will sacrifice and go the distance...the 3800+ mile distance (assuming the nearest US accredited school will give me a chance)! Good luck to all applying this cycle:D

Oops didnt read the rest of the post. Sorry, not in Alaska...try again:) Try Asia/Pac. region.

From my school: 2 minute walk down the street
From home: ~40 minute drive to BU, HMS, Tufts

:confused: Well Hawaii's got one so you must be OOC (out of country)

Ding Ding Ding...you are the winner. Hawaii (JABSOM) is the closest US accredited Med. school to me. I am OOC but still a US citizen. Where am I?:D

Ding Ding Ding...you are the winner. Hawaii (JABSOM) is the closest US accredited Med. school to me. I am OOC but still a US citizen. Where am I?:D

Guam, amirite?

Kind of a random thread, but it's interesting at this hour so i'll chime in :)

one 10 min and one 20 min from where I currently am

there are 6 in the state I'm from and live most of the time. 5 within about 40 min (due to traffic), not sure of the mileage but I believe within 20-30 miles at most.

GW and Georgetown are pretty close if I head towards DC, like both within 40 minutes by car or by Metro, if not, then it's about the same to VCU & UVA, maybe 90 minutes apiece to those schools.