How fast do you receive secondaries if you added extra schools AFTER verification?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

blueberry4104

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
For those who added additional schools to their AMCAS after they were verified, how fast did you receive the secondaries (for schools that send them automatically vs. schools that pre-screen for secondaries)? Did you experience any delays due to adding the schools post-verification?

I am submitting with a throwaway school, then adding all the other schools the day I get my MCAT score back (July 21st), just in case it ends up being terrible. I want to minimize delays as much as possible and will pre-write as many as I can. If I am complete by August 1st this year, I'll be "early" right?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
In previous cycles schools would receive your primary within 24 hours maybe less if you are already verified. Some schools send secondaries automatically and some screen. You’d have to check each school.

Reactions: 1 user
That is a bit too optomistic and general
It can be anywhere from a day to a month and is school specific. And to clarify it is after both verification and transmission

Let's say I get verified on July 18th with one throwaway school. Does my primary get transmitted to the throwaway school immediately, or can it take up to 24 hours? or longer?

And then when I add School X on July 21st, since I was already verified three days prior, the primary will get transmitted to School X within 1 day?

Members don't see this ad :)
That is a bit too optomistic and general
It can be anywhere from a day to a month and is school specific. And to clarify it is after both verification and transmission
Once your primary is verified and your primary is initially transmitted to the school(s)you listed on your primary, it COULD then take a month for schools to receive your primary when you add schools ? Sorry I’m obviously missing something here. I really thought that once you are verified you could add schools and the transmission to the new schools is very quick.

Perhaps I missed the point of the question. Your primary will be transmitted in a day but it can take a month for SECONDARIES to be sent from the schools back to applicant after they have received the primary

Thank you.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk