How fast does RWJ waitlist move?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Wu-Tang Killa Bee

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I called today and they told me I am on the waitlist in group one. How does that work? They said that they dont give individual numbers but the put people in groups.

Members don't see this ad.

Congrats, you are in the first tier, according to Gower on medicalgold.com, here is some info on the waitlist at RWJ

RWJ has a ranked wait-list divided into three priority groups. Submit a response form to remain on the list. It is unecessary to submit extra supporting material. Chances: top third, quite good; middle third, fair to poor; bottom third--surprise, surprise--remote. Greatest movement: May, June, though 25-30 may be accepted after June 15. Phone calls from advisors and wait-listed will be accepted though it is impractical to call before April 15.
When asked by phone, Dr. Seiden may be able to share information with the ADVISOR about a candidate's potential for acceptance.

Members don't see this ad :)
dear killer bee, I am also in the RWJ waitlist boat. I interviewed in november and got listed in Feb or so. I really liked the school and the price was right. I am also on several other lists, tufts, cornell, NJMS,... not sure what happened, but it seems as though my plans are not working out. My stats seem fine 3.55, 30R, great research, volunteering...so Iam not sure what happened. What I do remember was meeting several people from Harvard, MIT, and Penn State who were also interviewing. I have a feeling the NJ applicant pool is very tough, and surely everyone applies to their state school, and yup, the Harvards, and MITs get in. And probobly if they get into one UMDNJ school, they get in to the othert, so they can't attend both right? But, do they go.that is what we need to know. The ratio of accepted to enrolled. Any info about this school, please post here...I feel I may be screwed. PS do you think it was a simple task to call the school and ask where we are in the ranking? I'm volunteering in Kenya right now and would not want to call if it were not worth it, thanks bee -- irafleur :cool:

Hey Wu-tang and Irafluer,

Can you tell me what your stats were and where you go for undergrad?

Thanks

30R 3.55 great interview, like 90 min... huge research resume, some volunteering, I think the problem may be that RWJ is very patient oriented and on paper, I may not look like that...hence the list, now If I could find out where I fall on that list that might make the next few weeks a bit easier...or harder... :cool:

No Problem Wu-Tang, at least you guys know whether you have been accepted or waitlisted, I received a letter stating that I was a highly competitive applicant, and I could expect to hear shortly whether I was accepted or waitlisted. It's been 2 months since I interviewed!!

hey sbajenk...
I was also "highly competitive" and shortly after, I got my listed letter -- was anyone not "highly" competitive? and if so, does being "highly" competitive have any relation to where one is on the list?
thanx

I don't know if it has any relation, but I just called, and found out that I am in the first tier

does anyone think that a phonecall expressing continued interest makes any sense? I think that would be annoying, and I doubt that the secretery would even forward the word to the comm...
never the less, it appears, some people are indeed calling schools and telling them of their undying love for the school, gross huh..

why goto RWJ...when NJMS is where all the actions at? :D

Spoke to NJMS today, they say that very few people are ever accepted from the waitlist, ouch...
also RWJ says that fleur is in the middle of the list, another ouch I suspect...
crash and burn....

any numbers on how much movement happened here historically in the RWJ list? or how big the list is?

Who told you there is not much movement on the NJMS waitlist?, I called and could not find out any info. Did they give you an idea of how many people get in, or what your chances are?

I'm in the middle of the list. Has anyone ever gotten in from the middle before? The admissions person says yes, but it's such a fine line... Help!

I spoke to the admissions director of NJMS, he told me that unless you are in the top ten or so on their list, and they do have a top 20 or so preferences in the first "cluster", you will not even be looked at, basically he said, their wait list does not move, they want jersey folks and accept those whome they are very sure will attend, and year after year there are fewer than ten withdrawrels, sux fer us all

RWJ: I'm in the middle too, I am not hopeful, so found a job for the next few years in case: 58k, not bad