How flexible are interviews?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

theun4given

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I want to take an EMT course that will run twice a week (monday and wednesday) for the next few months. I am only allowed to miss 2 sessions, anymore than that and I will be dropped from the course and the fee is non-refundable. Realistically, it looks like I will only be able to make interviews on Fridays (I'll use thursday for travelling). Is this a good idea?

Members don't see this ad.

theun4given said:
I want to take an EMT course that will run twice a week (monday and wednesday) for the next few months. I am only allowed to miss 2 sessions, anymore than that and I will be dropped from the course and the fee is non-refundable. Realistically, it looks like I will only be able to make interviews on Fridays (I'll use thursday for travelling). Is this a good idea?

Really depends on the school and when you are offered an interview. Early in the season, you may be able to make this work. Although, as we draw closer to December, interview slots fill up quick and you could be waiting an extra month to get you day of choice.

Members don't see this ad :)
DoctorNick83 said:
Really depends on the school and when you are offered an interview. Early in the season, you may be able to make this work. Although, as we draw closer to December, interview slots fill up quick and you could be waiting an extra month to get you day of choice.

Is it in our interest at most schools to interview as early as possible?

it depends again on the school... if it is rolling then yes... if it is not then it doesn't matter. If its not rolling I'd rather interview late so i am more memorable

theun4given said:

There are many schools that do interviews a couple of days a week, and it might not be on fridays. So no, you might not be able to schedule your interviews around your course. But you have to remember your priorities -- no point doing the EMT course when you could be getting into med school. But some people don't get early interviews, so you might have nothing to worry about anyhow. Just sign up for the EMT course, and if you have interviews you can't schedule, you just eat the fee.

Dr.TobiasFünke said:
it depends again on the school... if it is rolling then yes... if it is not then it doesn't matter. If its not rolling I'd rather interview late so i am more memorable

I completely agree. :thumbup: