How full are classes

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

indy05

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone know how fast classes fill up. I was reading a thread and someone said one school filled 90 of 110 seats already. Is it that hopeless out there for people still applying right now?

Members don't see this ad.

indy05 said:
Anyone know how fast classes fill up. I was reading a thread and someone said one school filled 90 of 110 seats already. Is it that hopeless out there for people still applying right now?

indy05 where did you read that?

Members don't see this ad :)
indy05 said:

I really doubt that. I mean, it's only August. The majority of applicants haven't even been invited to interview at a school yet.

Your question is more something to be asked in March or April.

indy05 said:

That's just silly. No schools are going to fill up their classes prior to seeing what kind of applicants they get from the August MCATs (which tend to compose a third or so of the classes I've seen) -- you usually start to hear numbers such as yours bandied about in late December at the earliest - there are places that have barely started interviewing. And FYI most (if not all) schools will accept greater than 100% of their seats (more like 150%-200%) anyhow, with the assumption that a significant number of people get into multiple places and will go elsewhere. So stop trying to start a panick (or panicking yourself?). chill.

That 90/110 number could possibly be refering to Brown, I know they don't have many seats open for people applying the normal route and most of their spots are for their 8 year PLME.