how FULL is the NSU class at this point?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CuttinEmUp

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am just wondering how full the class is if anyone knows?

Members don't see this ad.

The class is completely full. I spoke to rachael yesterday, and she was really helpful- there are about 8 people on the waitlist and 45 people on the alternate list (so theres the upfront confirmation on there being two seperate lists, for those nonbelievers).

good luck

hmm..thanks. And didnt we all agree that the alternate list was better than the waitlist? or was it the other way around?

Also, since the deadline for deposits is already gone, and the class is still full...we probably shouldn't anticipate any movement from the alternate list should we?

Members don't see this ad :)
hmm..thanks. And didnt we all agree that the alternate list was better than the waitlist? or was it the other way around?

Also, since the deadline for deposits is already gone, and the class is still full...we probably shouldn't anticipate any movement from the alternate list should we?

waitlist is apparently >>> greater than alternate.

Im thinking the alternate list will move once other schools in florida update their waitlist. IE, if candidate is accepted to NSU and then gets off of waitlist at FSU, there opens a spot. Though i doubt it will move heavily

Hopefully we see some movement after this upcoming committee meeting. I know most schools are close to or done interviewing, and thus spots should be opening up at other schools. Good luck to all those on the waitlist and alternate list.

Iceage, when did you interview at NSU?

Iceage and I both interviewed back on Feb 13th. I was on the waitlist and was accepted last week, so don't lose hope just yet, there is still a chance.

Iceage and I both interviewed back on Feb 13th. I was on the waitlist and was accepted last week, so don't lose hope just yet, there is still a chance.

Thanks Mad! and congrats by the way. I interviewed March 9th., and I haven't heard if I have been waitlisted, rejected or accepted. Im just assuming from all the current NSU threads that I have also been waitlisted....but I havent actually heard anything yet.

Give Rachel a call and see, it took about 2 weeks to hear anything and then another 3 weeks to get the good call. I just called her about once a week, so I think I owe her a serious thank you when I get down there this fall.

Rachel told me today there were a few spaces....I guess it's still a waiting game no matter what.

Rachel told me today there were a few spaces....I guess it's still a waiting game no matter what.

was she referring to a few spaces left on the waitlist or inthe class?

when did you talk to her?

Does anyone know when the next committee meeting is and if there are anymore spots that have opened? Approx how many people are on this waitlist?

Does anyone know when the next committee meeting is and if there are anymore spots that have opened? Approx how many people are on this waitlist?

They accepted some people last week from the last group of interviewees. I honestly don't know how many ppl are on the waitlist...sorry. Keep in mind, we are on spring break this week--so I'm not sure how much movement you'll see this week.

They accepted some people last week from the last group of interviewees. I honestly don't know how many ppl are on the waitlist...sorry. Keep in mind, we are on spring break this week--so I'm not sure how much movement you'll see this week.
I hope you're enjoying your spring break!

Can someone please explain the difference between the wait list and the alternate list? Why are there two separate lists?

Can someone please explain the difference between the wait list and the alternate list? Why are there two separate lists?
When an opening in the class occurs, they take someone off the waiting list to fill that spot. The alternate list is for a spot on the waiting list.

I was one of those. Hooray!

I think all the interviews are over as of the last admissions ctte meeting, because I think I was in the last group of interviewees. I would assume they invited all the open slots, and then are now waiting for more slots to open up as people are making their decisions.

Now i know this might be a bit hard, to actually read the whole of a thread, but i posted the number of approx. people on each list just a few posts above yours.