How good is DAT Achiever? Buying 3 tests vs. 7 tests

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

diene

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys! I trying to decide if it's worth paying $140 to get 7 tests vs. getting 3 for $70. I plan on getting Topscore as well. Any advice would be appreciated :)

Members don't see this ad.

I bought the 7 tests. I would recommend it if you are psychotic and/or want to do as much practice as possible. I also bought CDP which was ONLY PAT and it cost $130. For $10 more you get 3 less PAT tests but 7x more of the other subjects. Of course if you don't think you will have the patience to wrangle with Achiever, then only get the 3 test version. FYI Achiever is extremely difficult and a lot of people dislike it because it is confidence shattering.

Technically 3 Achiever and 3 top score are what most people do. I did 7 Achiever and 3 top score and I would have done the same again if the chance arose.

3 tests. Questions are too difficult compared to real DAT. Only pro I see in achiever is being familiar with the UI since it's exactly like the REAL DAT. It was enough for me to get an AA of 23 TS of 24.

I would just get three achiever and the three top score. Achiever is just way to hard but the program is set up identical to the real DAT and I feel its work it for that and the RC and PAT practice good but harder than the real thing. The sciences were just crazy hard.