How good is this score? MCAT 2015

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PersonInaLoop

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I have a friend who is a pre-med student. His GPA is actually quite good with a 3.5 overall so far. However he took the new MCAT (2015) and did, what I assume to be, pretty poorly. He got a 484 on it and now he is worried that no medical schools will accept him. I told him to take it again but he said it costs a lot and there wouldn't be any point since they would look at his previous score and make a judgement based on that..even if he makes 506 or higher. I was just wondering if this score will make any medical colleges want him to attend. He's really worried and so am I for him and is too afraid/embarrassed to find out. Please let me know if he has a shot. Thank you

Members don't see this ad.

Thats like...."did you even study?" low....

Sorry :(

484 is 8th percentile. Did he actually study...?

Unless he makes a DRASTIC improvement (80%+), both MD and DO are out of the question, sorry.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Ah well. Alright so its really bad. Thank you. Gonna break the bad news to him D:

I'll try to push him to study for it, went out to parties/drinking a lot.

Reactions: 1 user
He is correct that NO med school will accept him. That score is lethal.

There are plenty of med schools that take the 2nd /most recent and better score.

So if he really wants to be a doctor, he'd better work for awhile, save up money, and this time, prepare for the MCAT properly.

So I have a friend who is a pre-med student. His GPA is actually quite good with a 3.5 overall so far. However he took the new MCAT (2015) and did, what I assume to be, pretty poorly. He got a 484 on it and now he is worried that no medical schools will accept him. I told him to take it again but he said it costs a lot and there wouldn't be any point since they would look at his previous score and make a judgement based on that..even if he makes 506 or higher. I was just wondering if this score will make any medical colleges want him to attend. He's really worried and so am I for him and is too afraid/embarrassed to find out. Please let me know if he has a shot. Thank you

What type of score is a 484 on the old MCAT? Like 15?