How good of an idea is this?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TheGoodGoodTime

Part VII (The Grind)
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am scheduled to take the MCAT May 31st.
How good of an idea is it to schedule for another date maybe in June and just take the thing twice without seeing my score for the first one, just in case it doesn't go the way I want it to?

Really all I want is to be able to apply at the end of the summer no problem, but if I don't get my results back till July, my chances of being able to register for another MCAT in time is slim. Thats why I am wondering if this would be okay to do or not...

Appreciate any help.

Members don't see this ad.

If you have all the money in the world then go for it, but realize that after building yourself up to take the exam the first time you'll likely need a little break, so taking it a second time almost immediately after will almost certainly mean you won't be at your best for the second exam. There are many psychological factors involved in retaking. Just plan to do as well as you can the first time and take it once.

As far as I know, you're only allowed to be registered for a single test seat at one particular time.... so I think you'd have to wait until you wrote it and depending on how you feel sign up again for maybe one of the july august dates right after if you could. I would definitely wait to see your scores either way...
I thought I blew my bio section when I wrote the first time... I'm talking like a 4 or a 5.... but it was relatively tough and so others weren't that amazing either and I got a 9..... Just go in there to do you best