1. We will be performing maintenance on the SDN forums on Friday, December 9 at 5:00 AM Eastern.
    Dismiss Notice

How hard is getting residency ? GSP ?

Discussion in 'Saint George's University Forum (Sponsored)' started by zaidss786, 05.17.14.

1. zaidss786

zaidss786

Pre-Medical
    So I have been accepted into the Jan 2015 term in the Keith B. Taylor Global scholar program. But i am hesitant because of the stigma on Caribbean schools. Can a senior or anyone with information enlighten me on how tough it was to get residency?
    Also is there any problems or benefits with the Global scholar program ?

2. Heresthedoc

Heresthedoc Ian

MDApps:
    Medical Student
    I hope you're not planning on paying with loans. You won't qualify for any federal aid if you're american. For ALL 4 years. I was in that program until I learned that and thankfully got out before it started.

I'm starting the regular Grenadian program in August.

3. zaidss786

zaidss786

Pre-Medical
    ive become very hesitant upon hearing that you cannot get residency in NJ. Since NJ is the second largest state in which SGU graduates have found residency, is this a big disadvantage ? Can anyone please advise me if GSP is a good choice or not is there any advantages or disadvantages ?

4. MusicDOc124

MusicDOc124 SDN Bronze Donor Bronze Donor 2+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Following: I'm curious to hear if anyone answers!

Zaidss, what do you mean that SGU grads can't get residency in NJ? You stated most go there, and I know they have rotations there, so I'm a little confused.