How hard is it to find a boyfriend during med school or residency??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Now let's get back on topic. A friend of mine is a second year med student and she has turned from a sweet little thing to a full blown *****. lol She studied her butt off in undergrad and hardly went out. Her first year in med school, she slept with 5 classmates, two MS2's and three residents : )

Now, she's having fun with a married attending and another faculty member. So, the answer is, you will not have a problem finding a boy in med school. :laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)
Now let's get back on topic. A friend of mine is a second year med student and she has turned from a sweet little thing to a full blown *****. lol She studied her butt off in undergrad and hardly went out. Her first year in med school, she slept with 5 classmates, two MS2's and three residents : )

Now, she's having fun with a married attending and another faculty member. So, the answer is, you will not have a problem finding a boy in med school. :laugh:

Well, the OP seems to be more interested in finding a long-term partner and starting a family before she finishes residency. Of course there's the interest in hooking up and casual dating, but she seems more worried about finding someone to date long-term and finding time to do so.

Ah, I see. You're just pointing out why it was ridiculous for me to post what I did as a response to all of the neanderthal comments in this thread. I understand now. Is this where I write "lolz, women are emotional, so I'm sorry I got so worked up?"

As for pushing my buttons, it seems I've pushed yours. Who has posted more material in this little exchange? Although, to be fair, it takes you quite a few words to make your "points."

By the way, I still think it's hilarious that you "agreed" with my point about men making extremely sexist comments on this forum...right after making extremely sexist comments on this forum. :p

your posts make me want to randomly put words in quotes :) There "is" no correlation between length of post and number of pu"shed" buttons. I'm just argumentative :thumbup:

I think it hilarious too... but probably for different reasons than you :laugh: your point was that some of the comments made concerning women are just as ridiculous as the comment you made, but on different sides of the spectrum, correct? Thats awesome, and true IMO. But to extend that any further and claim "men making sexists remarks"... regardless of validity, is hypocritical. You are making assumptions and pigeonholing the men of this community at the very same moment you rail against the same being done toward women. This is why I said you are no better than the ditz in the pumps and mid drift we all had in our highschool class. You are doing nothing but accentuating the dividing lines. Do men say ridiculous things? sure! but that distinction is only incidental because people say ridiculous things. This whole thread (whether april fools or not) was a started by female poster who was scared she wouldnt be able to find a boyfriend.

My sexist comments were only because I can see it is a sore spot for you. possibly one that bleeds on a regular basis :eyebrow:. Had you made it apparent that you really really hated the color blue I probably would have just changed my avatar and signature, but luckily this worked out just fine.

she'd have to lose the glasses.... librarians scare me

Interests
Cooking, yoga, modeling (not much! lol), American football (go 'hawks!)

..... which "hawks" do you refer to in your profile Ms. Head? :eyebrow:

Dear posters,

I will hijack this post with pictures of food soon if no other trolls start saying ridiculous things.

Yours truly,

tantacles.

P.S.

images

Dear posters,

I will hijack this post with pictures of food soon if no other trolls start saying ridiculous things.

Yours truly,

tantacles.

P.S.

images

is that guac!!???? oh god I never thought to put guac on a baked potato! genius :idea:

cant really tell.... oh god..... what if... no.... could it be artichoke dip? Gotta write in to epic meal time with that one. Now I'm hungry :(

your posts make me want to randomly put words in quotes :) There is no correlation between length of post and number of pushed buttons. I'm just argumentative :thumbup:

I think it hilarious too... but probably for different reasons than you :laugh: your point was that some of the comments made concerning women are just as ridiculous as the comment you made, but on different sides of the spectrum, correct? Thats awesome, and true IMO. But to extend that any further and claim "men making sexists remarks"... regardless of validity, is hypocritical. You are making assumptions and pigeonholing the men of this community at the very same moment you rail against the same being done toward women. This is why I said you are no better than the ditz in the pumps and mid drift we all had in our highschool class. You are doing nothing but accentuating the dividing lines. Do men say ridiculous things? sure! but that distinction is only incidental because people say ridiculous things. This whole thread (whether april fools or not) was a started by female poster who was scared she wouldnt be able to find a boyfriend.

My sexist comments were only because I can see it is a sore spot for you. possibly one that bleeds on a regular basis :eyebrow:. Had you made it apparent that you really really hated the color blue I probably would have just changed my avatar and signature, but luckily this worked out just fine.

First of all, the OP is concerned about her ability to have a family. It is a valid question, not ridiculous. It may not be appropriate as a thread topic (I'm new, so not one to say), but it is a valid concern for a person facing a lot of medical schooling and also wanting a family.

Secondly (referring to bolded text), the distinction is not incidental. Women are not filling up these messageboards (and the profession) with insulting comments toward men.

Yes, people should be held accountable for the way they treat others. I'm addressing a certain group (men) who should be held accountable for treating another group (women) with much disrespect in a certain field (medicine, and specifically this forum). Women aren't perfect. That isn't my argument. But to claim I'm off-base for criticizing blatant sexism here is ludicrous. Have you even read half of the comments on here?

As for your "I'm having fun by playing with you because you get mad about sexist comments" shtick, it's only embarrassing you and distracting from the actual topic. Grow up.

..... which "hawks" do you refer to in your profile Ms. Head? :eyebrow:

Since you all like my enumerated lists :)

1. WTF does this have to do with anything?
2. The Seattle Seahawks, if you must know. They were in this big game a couple of years back. The "superbowl" or something? Do you know of it?

Members don't see this ad :)
Haha, the progression of FloatingHead's posts is hilarious. She started out quite witty and above the fray, and within a few posts Specter dragged her down into the muck with the rest of us.

Welcome!

Haha, the progression of FloatingHead's posts is hilarious. She started out quite witty and above the fray, and within a few posts Specter dragged her down into the muck with the rest of us.

Welcome!

Thank you? :confused::(:):laugh: Ahh, so tired.

First of all, the OP is concerned about her ability to have a family. It is a valid question, not ridiculous. It may not be appropriate as a thread topic (I'm new, so not one to say), but it is a valid concern for a person facing a lot of medical schooling and also wanting a family.

Secondly (referring to bolded text), the distinction is not incidental. Women are not filling up these messageboards (and the profession) with insulting comments toward men.

Yes, people should be held accountable for the way they treat others. I'm addressing a certain group (men) who should be held accountable for treating another group (women) with much disrespect in a certain field (medicine, and specifically this forum). Women aren't perfect. That isn't my argument. But to claim I'm off-base for criticizing blatant sexism here is ludicrous. Have you even read half of the comments on here?

As for your "I'm having fun by playing with you because you get mad about sexist comments" shtick, it's only embarrassing you and distracting from the actual topic. Grow up.

Aren't you by only addressing a "certain group (men)" being just as sexist? Oh, thats right, only men can be sexist.

well shucks.... I push too far and suddenly you've grown out of the childish jabs. So by "grow up" you mean follow your 5 minute metamorphosis? Alas, It turns out I am not quite as talented as you. But you made it clear that this was to be expected in your first post. ;)

I believe on a very fundamental level that responding to a problem by over-correcting is always a bad thing and makes one guilty of what they set out to correct. We don't have to agree on that, but it is my opinion.

Since you didn't quote anyone in your grand entrance I don't know which specific examples of egregious sexism you are referring to. I didn't see too much going on in there, but then again I skimmed it and mostly responded to that one girl who got all bent out of shape about pelvic exams. The boards are usually pretty good at self-regulating and there are plenty of other strong women in these forums who do not need you to champion for them :thumpbup: Otherwise I didn't see much lady-doctor bashing going on.... so feel free to quote it if I just missed it. Otherwise I suspect a self-fulfilling prophecy sort of situation here.

well shucks.... I push too far and suddenly you've grown out of the childish jabs. So by "grow up" you mean follow your 5 minute metamorphosis? Alas, It turns out I am not quite as talented as you. But you made it clear that this was to be expected in your first post. ;)

I believe on a very fundamental level that responding to a problem by over-correcting is always a bad thing and makes one guilty of what they set out to correct. We don't have to agree on that, but it is my opinion.

Since you didn't quote anyone in your grand entrance I don't know which specific examples of egregious sexism you are referring to. I didn't see too much going on in there, but then again I skimmed it and mostly responded to that one girl who got all bent out of shape about pelvic exams. The boards are usually pretty good at self-regulating and there are plenty of other strong women in these forums who do not need you to champion for them :thumpbup: Otherwise I didn't see much lady-doctor bashing going on.... so feel free to quote it if I just missed it. Otherwise I suspect a self-fulfilling prophecy sort of situation here.

She said something about Seahawks if I remember right and quite frankly they suck and this is coming for a washington state resident.

Welcome!

Trial by fire complete :thumbup:

I'm going to bed :laugh:

Ms. Head, welcome to SDN. I'm sure I will see you around.

Since you all like my enumerated lists :)

1. WTF does this have to do with anything?
2. The Seattle Seahawks, if you must know. They were in this big game a couple of years back. The "superbowl" or something? Do you know of it?

Superbowl.... is that the one they had in africa with all those really cool plastic horns?

Why cant a guy ask about clarification on a sports team? not everything has to be all nails and hairpulling here :D - but if I am being honest I was wondering if your hawks were the same as my hawks and if I would be potentially seeing you on rotation soon. I got my answer :thumbup::)

I'm a female and I asked my boyfriend out....I saw a keeper and I wasn't gonna let the opportunity go, so I went for it, and he said yes :love: Don't let pride or the reason of you being a girl keep you from asking or making the first move. It doesn't show you're desperate, it shows you're interested. Besides, it's 2012, we are strong independent woman.

Oh and if you're not sure what to say, just go " Listen, I think you're a really cool person blah blah blah, I think we should get to know each other more, will you go out with me?" Simple, done, to the point :D

And if he says no, you brush yourself up and MOVE ON! DO NOT DWELL, that's when you get crazy and withdraw, which is not cool.

I'm a female and I asked my boyfriend out....I saw a keeper and I wasn't gonna let the opportunity go, so I went for it, and he said yes :love: Don't let pride or the reason of you being a girl keep you from asking or making the first move. It doesn't show you're desperate, it shows you're interested. Besides, it's 2012, we are strong independent woman.

Oh and if you're not sure what to say, just go " Listen, I think you're a really cool person blah blah blah, I think we should get to know each other more, will you go out with me?" Simple, done, to the point :D

And if he says no, you brush yourself up and MOVE ON! DO NOT DWELL, that's when you get crazy and withdraw, which is not cool.

You go girl!

Not directly related but I am disgusted by women that spew out arguments demanding gender equality but expect a man to take care of everything regarding courtship. Including asking for dates, paying for dates, etc, etc. I've only dated one girl who really believed in equality and although I did pay for most of the dates she did pay for at least 1/4th. Case in point, I don't like paying for dates :D

I don't know, but aren't you so distracted that you just want to stop having this stupid argument? I kind of want this thread to die already.

haha you have a hilarious love/hate relationship with this thread

I feel like some people compulsively enter threads... Just don't read/post? I find it interesting that people think the "mature" response is to force others to alter behavior to fit another's concepts of maturity.

How hard is it to become a gunner in medical school?

Oh, and as for the OP, I'm a guy and have no problem being asked out by a girl. I'm not one to pick up on signals that quickly, and could use some help translating the playing with your hair, smiling, and all other non-obvious stuff girls do. I think dating another med school hopeful, or if in med school, another med student would be great. After all, they know what they want with their life, and are doing what they have to do to get it. I find that attractive, and btw a guy should usually pay for the first date, IMO. After that, or maybe after the first few 50/50 is good.

Guys - who would you consider an "average" looking girl?

So curious...

Guys - who would you consider an "average" looking girl?

So curious...

"Average" is different for everyone, but I can't give an example off the top of my head. Most on tv aren't what I would consider average, probably why they're on tv. I know plenty of average girls that I would happily date b/c I know them and they are good people. This is a stumping question I would also like to see an answer for.

"Average" is different for everyone, but I can't give an example off the top of my head. Most on tv aren't what I would consider average, probably why they're on tv. I know plenty of average girls that I would happily date b/c I know them and they are good people. This is a stumping question I would also like to see an answer for.

If by average you mean the average of the entire world population, you're goin to get a pretty bad looking girl. "average" depends on where you are. Average LA girl? Average college girl? Average new york girl? average impoverished girl? different strokes for different folks

I assume whenever someone calls another average, it's a major insult. Cause if someone isn't cute/hot, they must be ugly, cause what else can they be?

And if they are "average" that probably assumes they have no positive qualities in looks, which lumps them in the uggo category...at least, that's what I imagine if someone calls another average.

Is there a website that can do that to anyone's picture?

I assume whenever someone calls another average, it's a major insult. Cause if someone isn't cute/hot, they must be ugly, cause what else can they be?

And if they are "average" that probably assumes they have no positive qualities in looks, which lumps them in the uggo category...at least, that's what I imagine if someone calls another average.

I disagree; at least in my mind just because someone isn't a babe, that doesn't make them ugly. Hot>average>ugly. I don't consider ugly and average to be in the same category.

I disagree; at least in my mind just because someone isn't a babe, that doesn't make them ugly. Hot>average>ugly. I don't consider ugly and average to be in the same category.

I go by the number system. 1-10.

how old are M1 males? :cool:

I'll be probably 26 when I matriculate. I feel like an old woman LOL.

What happened to this thread? Are we supposed to pick the hottest face in that picture?