How hard is it to get a 33?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Emma

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
What do you think? With active, effective studying for 4 months is a 33 attainable?

Members don't see this ad.

What do you think? With active, effective studying for 4 months is a 33 attainable?

You're welcome.

EDIT: Read your previous posts and not to be discouraging, but the long answer is "it depends on how well you studied, how smart you are, the conditions during test day, etc. etc." There are some things you can change (how you study, which test centre you choose), and some things you can't (how smart you are, what the weather is like on that particular test centre). For some people, 1 week of studying is enough to "attain" 33.. for others, 1 year is still not enough.

Hi Emma,

Yes, I do think it is possible. But by no means will it be a "walk in the park."

I originally took the MCAT, got a "26" (studied on my own for about 2 months). Took a prep course (invested money and about 3 months of my life-summer months, mind you). Managed a "32" the 2nd time around (not quite a 33 but a heck of a lot better than my original 26).

Hope this helps. Good luck studying. :cool:

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey thanks for the advice. The first two times I took it I don't think I studied effectively (or even enough) and I was discouraged after receiving the first score, so much that I didn't want to even take the MCAT again. But hindsight is 20/20 now that 5 months have past since the last mcat I believe that if I change what I did wrong and put my whole heart into it I will do better.

Answering yes to this question can only be done on the faulty assumption that effective studying correlates with increased scores in a linear, direct relationship.

Is four months enough to learn to do a slam dunk?

After 3.5 months, if your practice scores are at or around 33, chances are good that you could get a 33.

However, you may want to consult your magic 8-ball at this point, because those are about the same answers you're going to get out of this thread.

Are you smart or a good test taker? If yes, no problem. If you are an idiot or a terrible test taker, no amount of time will land you a 33.

i remember, in high school, i had to go to the bathroom SO BADLY during my SAT exam. the proctor lady was a bitch and she wouldn't let me go, even with one of the proctors. i just said **** it and wrote down random answers to 1/2 the section that i was working on. ended up getting 560 in math.

so i'd say the biggest factor to your score is your conditions for that day. and how effectively you studied.

the point is, there is no real "set" of factors. go for it in your own unique way. you'll be fine.

i corrected that math score later, by the way. :D:rolleyes: