How hard is it to get CC/Pul with H1b visa

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TimmyH

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am very interested in doing pul/CC. I am planning to apply next year for 2021 cycle. How hard is it to get fellowship with H1b visa. Or should I just wait for 2022 cycle when I will get my green card.

Currently I am a hospitalist. I finished residency in 2018. I have few ( 7) publications 5 poster presentation and was top resident in all 3 of my years.

Thanks in advance

Members don't see this ad.

You should be good if Step scores are good. Apply broadly

Members don't see this ad :)
your question doesn't point to any statistics to where you are on the spectrum. Someone with a ton of research and publications but terrible scores is not going to be comparable to someone who is well balanced. Are you will to apply broadly or do you have regional limitations. If your strong across the board apply now and apply broadly. IF you can save up then you will have a cushion to tolerate the lowly fellow pay until you can moonlight.

I have good research and okay board scores but I have very strong references/LORs.
I am planning to apply everywhere -willing to go anywhere.

Everyone has " strong references" . It is not difficult to find 3-4 ppl that like you enough.
Someone willing to call on your behalf makes a diff especially if they know the PD
Outstanding scores/ research will set you apart and get you IVs