how hard is it to get H1b hospitalist job?

Optoed

5+ Year Member
Jan 18, 2011
    hey guys, I'm currently on an H1 visa at an IM program. I'm wondering how hard it is to look for a hospitalist position that would sponsor H1. Is it as limiting as applying for residency? I know the Trump policies are really not helping...
    I'm interested in the Southeast (Florida/Carolinas/Georgia)

thanks!!

Nephro critical care

7+ Year Member
    Feb 4, 2014
    1. Fellow [Any Field]
      I don't think it is difficult to get a H1-B hospitalist job. Hospitalist jobs are dime a dozen and many hospitals would prefer a H-1B who will be guaranteed to stay for a while. It's probably harder to find a 'good' hospitalist job where you don't work your butt off and want a prime location. Yet still you search well you should find those too.

Reactions: 1 user

Optoed

5+ Year Member
      Jan 18, 2011
        I don't think it is difficult to get a H1-B hospitalist job. Hospitalist jobs are dime a dozen and many hospitals would prefer a H-1B who will be guaranteed to stay for a while. It's probably harder to find a 'good' hospitalist job where you don't work your butt off and want a prime location. Yet still you search well you should find those too.

thanks so much for the reply!

About the Ads
        This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
        2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
        5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
        6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        7. This thread is locked.