BrownEyedReader

2+ Year Member
Jan 12, 2017
Status
Pre-Dental
Does anyone know some GPA/DAT/EC stats of people who have been accepted to any of the three dental schools in Texas? I'm trying to decide if it is worth it to give up my state's residency(we have a dental school that isn't the best but I have a great chance of getting in) and obtain Texas residency for dental school? I have a 3.3 GPA but a 22AA on the DAT if it helps with over 200 hours of shadowing and a lot of ECs. Please help. I've been in Texas since Aug 1st and I have a month to month lease to prove domicile. Anyone with advice/tips/suggestions?

cacajuate

5+ Year Member
Aug 27, 2012
Status
Do you have a plan to obtain residency in TX? Have you looked at the guidelines? A few people in my class did do it but it was more than a year long process.

Reactions: Apramana

schmoob

2+ Year Member
Mar 26, 2015
It is very difficult to establish residency in Texas. I dont remember the exact guidelines, but i do remember that graduating from high school in TX was a big one. Living in Texas for a few weeks for the purposes of admission is not likely to cut it.

About the Ads

cacajuate

5+ Year Member
Aug 27, 2012
Status
It is very difficult to establish residency in Texas. I dont remember the exact guidelines, but i do remember that graduating from high school in TX was a big one. Living in Texas for a few weeks for the purposes of admission is not likely to cut it.

That is the first option to gain residency. There is also an option of living in texas for 12 consecutive months and being gainfully employed/own land or house, which is the route that all the people used to gain residency in my class.

https://students.uthscsa.edu/registrar/2013/04/texas-residency/

Reactions: schmoob
J

jdav_7

Does anyone know some GPA/DAT/EC stats of people who have been accepted to any of the three dental schools in Texas? I'm trying to decide if it is worth it to give up my state's residency(we have a dental school that isn't the best but I have a great chance of getting in) and obtain Texas residency for dental school? I have a 3.3 GPA but a 22AA on the DAT if it helps with over 200 hours of shadowing and a lot of ECs. Please help. I've been in Texas since Aug 1st and I have a month to month lease to prove domicile. Anyone with advice/tips/suggestions?
That won't work for proving domicile

About the Ads