How hard was it to get into Hampton University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wjp3

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Whats up fellow Pre-Pharm and Pharm students:

I was wondering if anyone has been accepted into Hampton University; and if so, what do they know about the required PCAT and GPA needed for admission? I know what the PSAR states, but I wanted some actual feedback from someone who was accepted.

Im 34,married with 3 kids and a part time job! I just finished all of my pre-req's and have a 3.62 cum GP. I took the PCATs in August without opening a book, because I wanted to get a baseline for my abilities against others. I scored a horrible 50% cumm, but I now know where I stand without studying and what areas I am weak in. I registered for Kaplans course and am scheduled to take the PCAT again in October, so that I may apply to Hampton in Febuary 2011.

If anyone could help ease my mind or help me in the right direction as to what they think I may need on the PCAT to get in, as I sold a very succesful company to go back to school to follow my passion, this is very important to me.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi, I'm a pharmacy student at Hampton University. The bottom score needed on the PCAT for HU is 400. The school is more focused on the interview, so don't worry too much over the PCAT. Your GPA is very good, but again, focus on the interview. There are sample questions on the net for pharmacy school entrance interviews. Good Luck!

Whats up fellow Pre-Pharm and Pharm students:

I was wondering if anyone has been accepted into Hampton University; and if so, what do they know about the required PCAT and GPA needed for admission? I know what the PSAR states, but I wanted some actual feedback from someone who was accepted.

Im 34,married with 3 kids and a part time job! I just finished all of my pre-req's and have a 3.62 cum GP. I took the PCATs in August without opening a book, because I wanted to get a baseline for my abilities against others. I scored a horrible 50% cumm, but I now know where I stand without studying and what areas I am weak in. I registered for Kaplans course and am scheduled to take the PCAT again in October, so that I may apply to Hampton in Febuary 2011.

If anyone could help ease my mind or help me in the right direction as to what they think I may need on the PCAT to get in, as I sold a very succesful company to go back to school to follow my passion, this is very important to me.

Hey, so far so good... Hampton doesnt really look at the Pcat scores (that much) so i would have said just study hard using the Kaplan Book, and you would have been fine. Let me know how the score improves with the Kaplan Course... i was a transfer student myself, and i know where you're coming from. But, i think you would be fine, there are some sample questions that they do have and offer on SDN so with that, practice those questions and you'll be fine. just out of curiosity, what company were you involved in? regaurdless, pharmacy is going to be very rewarding for you! message me if you have any questions.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi guys, congrats to all those who will be attending Hampton University SOP in 2011. I just graduated from hampton in May 2011. If you guys need any info or any information on housing or anything about HUSOP, please contact me. I have a very good housing possibility in a quiet, gated community about 6 miles away from school. You may contact me at 443-280-0368 or by email... [email protected]. Good luck to everyone.

Class of 2021 coming in and will be looking for roommate pls let me know

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile