Jun 24, 2013
Status
Pre-Medical
Hi,

I haven't taken Orgo in about two years so I need a good review and the physical sciences section I am weak in so i wanted to see if I can watch chad's gen chem and orgo videos to see if they would prepare me for the bs and ps sections. Also my mcat date is jan 23rd, I have reviewed all of the bio topics and have been practicing Orgo questions so far. I just want to know if I can just use chad video for the physical sciences and Orgo. Was it very helpful? Did u improve and feel prepared? Oh and will I have enough time to go through them by my test?

Thanks so much!

Feb 9, 2013
Status
Medical Student
Very helpful. I absolutely loved chads videos. He covers things in a very easy to understand way. I watched his vids on PS topics I wasn't as strong with on test day as a refresher/confidence builder. I went through everything PS atleast once. Did most of the Orgo vids.

You have time. Watch them on fast speed and you can get through them quicker. Just be prepared to imagine chad as one of those super hyper/10 red bulls kinda guy after watching it with speed.

OP
B
Jun 24, 2013
Status
Pre-Medical
Ok thanks so much! Did you use chad alone for content review for ps or did u read the review books too?

Also, what sources did you use for practicing ps and bs after watching his videos?

Thx again! :)

Very helpful. I absolutely loved chads videos. He covers things in a very easy to understand way. I watched his vids on PS topics I wasn't as strong with on test day as a refresher/confidence builder. I went through everything PS atleast once. Did most of the Orgo vids.

You have time. Watch them on fast speed and you can get through them quicker. Just be prepared to imagine chad as one of those super hyper/10 red bulls kinda guy after watching it with speed.

Feb 9, 2013
Status
Medical Student
I did Berkley review for everything.

I would do 1/3 of the passages when I read the chapters. Then when I went back through and did the second 1/3 of the passages, I would watch chads videos.

So I wouldn't suggest using them as a stand alone. Especially when it comes to practice...you need a lot more, and Chad says that.

I didn't really use the bio videos specifically, I would just kind of watch those casually for content review because they weren't complete when I took my test. For Orgo I just used them randomly with topics I wasn't as clear on.

Jambino

The Fox
5+ Year Member
Apr 19, 2010
Status
Pre-Medical
I did Berkley review for everything.

I would do 1/3 of the passages when I read the chapters. Then when I went back through and did the second 1/3 of the passages, I would watch chads videos.

So I wouldn't suggest using them as a stand alone. Especially when it comes to practice...you need a lot more, and Chad says that.

I didn't really use the bio videos specifically, I would just kind of watch those casually for content review because they weren't complete when I took my test. For Orgo I just used them randomly with topics I wasn't as clear on.
Did you use Berkeley Review for Biology as well? If so, what was your opinion on it? I haven't had biology in years and was thinking of using TBR's Biology book.

Bellab17, I just started my MCAT routine and can say that the videos aren't stand-alone! You'll need a lot of practices with passages that are offered within the book or online.
Also, for the MCAT videos they tend to run long (at least for me). One section is typically about an hour long or so for Organic so far. However, there are notes/outlines provided and the information is solid.
Chad's examples are nice and help explain the concept, but I wouldn't solely rely on them for preparation.

Feb 9, 2013
Status
Medical Student
Did you use Berkeley Review for Biology as well? If so, what was your opinion on it? I haven't had biology in years and was thinking of using TBR's Biology book.

Bellab17, I just started my MCAT routine and can say that the videos aren't stand-alone! You'll need a lot of practices with passages that are offered within the book or online.
Also, for the MCAT videos they tend to run long (at least for me). One section is typically about an hour long or so for Organic so far. However, there are notes/outlines provided and the information is solid.
Chad's examples are nice and help explain the concept, but I wouldn't solely rely on them for preparation.
I did. TBR Bio can be a bit exhaustive and some of the passages can be stupid hard. But, the passage style is probably the closest thing to the actual MCAT and doing harder passages makes the AAMC not seem as bad. I think most people recommend reading the EK Bio and then doing the passages from TBR. I just skimmed some of the extra details in TBR. I did find that the main parts of Bio came back to me pretty easily. It was always my better subject so maybe that helped.

Czarcasm

Hakuna matata, no worries.
5+ Year Member
Jun 22, 2013
Crypts of Lieberkühn
Status
Medical Student (Accepted)
If I could marry Chad, I would. That's how much of a lifesaver he is.

No seriously, he's really cool and goes out his way to help people. If it wasn't for his business partner, the prices for his videos wouldn't be as pricey as they are today, but they are still reasonably priced for the amount of information he offers. Definitely worth the buy if you have the money to dish out, but bare in mind that you still need to do tons of practice and read the material to really have a strong grasp on the material. He just helps get you to where you want to me -- you have to take it from there.