How helpful are the EK 1001 questions books?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Punchap

Moderator Emeritus
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was just curious if these books are helpful in preparing the MCAT -- are they similar to questions on the MCAT? Any helpful advice/insight is appreciated. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

EK 101 VR Passages is all passages and is priceless. Closest to the real thing I've found for VR. EK 1001 Bio is almost all passages broken down by EK chapter (with some discretes thrown in) and is excellent practice as well. Get both.

EK 1001 Chem, Physics and Orgo are almost all discretes, and really just good practice if you need to drill applying the formulas, etc. If you've already got the concepts down, you probably don't need them. TPR's Hyperlearning Science Workbook has better passage-based practice for those topics.

EK 101 VR Passages is all passages and is priceless. Closest to the real thing I've found for VR. EK 1001 Bio is almost all passages broken down by EK chapter (with some discretes thrown in) and is excellent practice as well. Get both.

EK 1001 Chem, Physics and Orgo are almost all discretes, and really just good practice if you need to drill applying the formulas, etc. If you've already got the concepts down, you probably don't need them. TPR's Hyperlearning Science Workbook has better passage-based practice for those topics.

Thanks for answering my post. :)