doctaroo

10+ Year Member
Jul 14, 2006
Status
Medical Student
I'm interested in doing a 15 month Healthcare MBA, but I'm just not sure how much I'll get out of it.

It's 30 K for the University of Colorado online course!! :eek:

But I really want to do something useful and learn something applicable during the one year :sleep: application cycle.

Character

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Apr 24, 2008
Status
Other Health Professions Student
I'm interested in doing a 15 month Healthcare MBA, but I'm just not sure how much I'll get out of it.

But I really want to do something useful and learn something applicable during the one year :sleep: application cycle.
alot of peaople who have mba/md's end up being chief or a departments or something.

Law2Doc

5K+ Member
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Dec 20, 2004
Status
Attending Physician

If you don't have a specific career goal in mind that requires it, an MBA is not going to be helpful at all.

OP
D

doctaroo

10+ Year Member
Jul 14, 2006
Status
Medical Student
It might be a worthwhile investment then :D.

I might just go to SGU or Ross and get started.

What else would a healthcare MBA help for? I am so clueless about business, so I don't even know what I'll get out of it other than of course, some business knowledge.

Law2Doc

5K+ Member
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Dec 20, 2004
Status
Attending Physician
It might be a worthwhile investment then :D.

I might just go to SGU or Ross and get started.

What else would a healthcare MBA help for? I am so clueless about business, so I don't even know what I'll get out of it other than of course, some business knowledge.
An MBA is not where you get business knowledge. It is where you are supposed to hone existing knowledge. It is not a career starting degree, it is meant to enhance an existing career. If you are in an industry (such as healthcare), an MBA may enhance your ability to manage. But it won't make you less clueless about business. Being in business is supposed to serve that function. Again, unless you have a specific job in mind, don't waste the time with the MBA. If you want to learn basic business knowledge, take some undergrad level business courses -- they are more attuned to the basics and less about professional networking and teambuilding (which is the real meat of an MBA program -- the classes are just the framework within which this happens).