How I feel about my first interview tomorrow morning

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CaliforniaDreamer

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
g8zHJzO.jpg

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 11 users
Why do you need a pic for text?

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 users
Interviewer: Why do you want to be a doctor?
you: Can you repeat the question?

Reactions: 12 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Interviewer: Why do you want to be a doctor?
you: Can you repeat the question?
me: wow that's an interesting and tough question.i haven't considered that. can i have a few minutes to think about it

Idk, I think preparing for these interviews other than 1) figuring out what you're gonna say when they ask the inevitable "tell me about yourself" 2) know your application down cold and 3) have some idea about what pulled you into medicine and what about it interests you going forward is silly. Really only the first part of this should require any work at all (and it shouldn't take you more than 5-10 to come up with a good 30 second spiel). Just go in, be personable and relaxed and you'll generally do fine.

Idk, I think preparing for these interviews other than 1) figuring out what you're gonna say when they ask the inevitable "tell me about yourself" 2) know your application down cold and 3) have some idea about what pulled you into medicine and what about it interests you going forward is silly. Really only the first part of this should require any work at all (and it shouldn't take you more than 5-10 to come up with a good 30 second spiel). Just go in, be personable and relaxed and you'll generally do fine.

To add on - you should also know why you're interested in attending the school your interviewing at. That and the "why medicine" question were the only anticipated questions I got at my first interview yesterday.

Reactions: 1 users
Update: it went pretty well, although I did end up telling the interviewer that one of my weaknesses is that I "wing it" too often...

Reactions: 12 users
upload_2015-9-24_14-32-26.png

AKA: Med School Interviews

Reactions: 9 users
For my interviews besides knowing my application and having an answer to "Why I want to be a doctor" I pretty much winged it. I figure they would see right through me if I tried to anticipate questions and come up with premeditated answers. That being said, I had some interviews that went great and a few that were not so great.

Lol - no wonder at every interview I went, there were so many premeds "winging".

nice, where did you interview?