How I plan to Fight Obamacare and government expansion

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

orangele

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Everyone has their own opinion on the passed version of Healthcare reform. Even though I believe that most people want some type of reform, many including myself do not like the current legislation. It is my strong conviction that the country simply cannot afford the plan, and it will accelerate our path to SEVERE financial crisis within 10 years. The claims of savings are nothing more than BS IMHO.

Since 36% of the population pays no federal income tax, and 50% of the population pay very very little, it is easy for new entitlements to be passed since it benefits people who have very little skin in the game. The tax-paying population get out-voted at the polls.

Government can only grow with money. My solution is to do my part to starve government. I have laid plans to reduce my taxable income to nearly 50% of what it was pre-Obamacare. Although I already wanted to semi-retire, I will also greatly reduce my consumption of things I dont really need. I have cancelled my satellite TV, raised my insurance deductibles on my home and car, insulated my home and unplugged everything I dont need (lowered my electricity bill >60%), turned off lights at night, cancelled my life insurance and disability insurance (now I basically self-insure). Lastly, I try to max out tax-deferred retirement savings. Yes I will miss some of the luxury in life, but in reality, this means I will spend less time watching TV, and more time reading and educating myself, and spending time with friends and family.

Taxpayers control the governments food supply.

Members don't see this ad.

Good luck with that. :laugh:

Everyone has their own opinion on the passed version of Healthcare reform. Even though I believe that most people want some type of reform, many including myself do not like the current legislation. It is my strong conviction that the country simply cannot afford the plan, and it will accelerate our path to SEVERE financial crisis within 10 years. The claims of savings are nothing more than BS IMHO.

Since 36% of the population pays no federal income tax, and 50% of the population pay very very little, it is easy for new entitlements to be passed since it benefits people who have very little skin in the game. The tax-paying population get out-voted at the polls.

Government can only grow with money. My solution is to do my part to starve government. I have laid plans to reduce my taxable income to nearly 50% of what it was pre-Obamacare. Although I already wanted to semi-retire, I will also greatly reduce my consumption of things I dont really need. I have cancelled my satellite TV, raised my insurance deductibles on my home and car, insulated my home and unplugged everything I dont need (lowered my electricity bill >60%), turned off lights at night, cancelled my life insurance and disability insurance (now I basically self-insure). Lastly, I try to max out tax-deferred retirement savings. Yes I will miss some of the luxury in life, but in reality, this means I will spend less time watching TV, and more time reading and educating myself, and spending time with friends and family.

Taxpayers control the governments food supply.

Reducing consumption doesn't necessarily only starve the government of funds, it also starves businesses and the private market of influx of money. TV, insurance companies, electric companies, they are all private industry and rely on consumerism to fuel our economy. If everyone did what you are proposing (which, btw, is a very eco-friendly, anti consumerism agenda) then our society would be for the better, but not because the government is starved, but because we would use less electricity (why are you running lights you don't need, why not unplug things you aren't using?), would cause less obesity and a smarter populous (due to less TV and sedatary life... you will read, but others can go ride a bike, go for a run, other low cost options... I am also assuming you will no longer eat out, will cook your own food and grow some of your own veggies, which will also lead to healthier populous if everyone did this). It is also a very wise move to, instead of consuming, to max-out your retirement, tax-free savings... again, our whole debt crisis in america is consumerism driven, not government driven, and if everyone did that instead of consuming, we would be in a better situation as a nation. You have proposed you do things that should be common sense and values all americans have, but shouldn't be in response to expanded government/misplaced fear of the health plan, but just because these things make sense for your long term future (although the life/disability insurance are probably poor decisions) and overall economic conservatism. I wish you good luck with that, and while have tried to make some similar sacrifices in my life to deal with costs, realize it is difficult.

.....I have laid plans to reduce my taxable income to nearly 50% of what it was pre-Obamacare. Although I already wanted to semi-retire, I will also greatly reduce my consumption of things I dont really need. I have cancelled my satellite TV, raised my insurance deductibles on my home and car, insulated my home and unplugged everything I dont need (lowered my electricity bill >60%), turned off lights at night, cancelled my life insurance and disability insurance (now I basically self-insure). Lastly, I try to max out tax-deferred retirement savings. Yes I will miss some of the luxury in life, but in reality, this means I will spend less time watching TV, and more time reading and educating myself, and spending time with friends and family....

You forgot living with other family members meaning a smaller personal place.

This is nothing new for people in developing countries. All these Dem lazy Fks and **** docs who are Dems don't get this. It's like they have never seen what it really means to cut your expenses. They never had to sleep on their couch because they always had their own room. They don't appreciate squat and think that everyone is ENTITLED to the good life. They don't get that not everybody is dealt good cards. That's Fkin life.

Americans don't know how to appropriately spend their savings. So to help these fools out, let's tax the hardworkers (ie professionals, small business owners) more to make up for them. Why should somebody who is a poor fool (meaning today's lazy middle class) think that deserve the same as say a Bill Gates? You ain't him so deal with it, meaning no HDTV, no video games, no a lot of things.

Public education is an example of what healthcare will be. Teachers are forced to be responsible for the stupid students that their own parents don't care for. Then let's wonder why the brightest and most motivated aren't educating the next gen. Why teach a bunch of losers given birth to by losers? You only see a majority of good teachers in public schools FUNDED by LOCAL taxes (not state or federal) meaning the community supports better education, not some mandate from Obama. OR PRIVATE schools. Period. Let's not speak of some rarity to justify government ownership of public services. Meanwhile, the public schools in the hood suck and will remain to suck because their students are not motivated. Their culture is about no motivation (even if it isn't politically correct).

America WAS the nation that benefited the motivated. Now it is headed the way of pleasing the stupid majority.