1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

How important are essays (prs stmt & secondaries)?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by 6-8 Weeks, Aug 28, 2001.

1. 6-8 Weeks

6-8 Weeks Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Just how important are our personal statement and secondary essays? I feel that after doing so many secondaries, I really have a better understanding of myself and now write secondaries that are stronger than my personal statement. I'm just a little worried now that I look at my personal statement, I don't think it is a strong anymore, anyone notice this as well?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. mpp

mpp SDN Moderator
    Moderator Emeritus 10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Most definitely.

4. synite

synite Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

i wouldn't worry, since probably most people feel the same way. you know how it is...you write something and think it's great. then look at it next week and know how to improve it. look at it a week later, know how to improve it....

5. TwoSteveSquared

TwoSteveSquared Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

I totally agree. My secondaries look way better now than before. I don't even like my personal statement anymore. But, I am starting to actually enjoy writing secondaries at this point. Wierd? Whatever. How often do you get to write/talk about your self anyway? Guess my ego needed a little feeding. That's good, because I'm about to get crushed come rejection time.
    It's sad, but if you are a bad ass, you might get 4 or 5 acceptances, and 20 rejections. Ouch.