How important are interviews? Any correlation between good interviews, acceptances?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I recently had a day long interview. The first interviewer was a cold, self absorbed, evil person. However, I thought I handled myself well and at the end he said "I'm going to do everything I can to see you get in here".

The second interviewer was warm and friendly. At the end of it, he said "If any other school makes you an offer I want you to call me, and I'll see to it you decide to come here".

I thought these were very good signs, but reading the preceding posts now I'm not so sure. I have borderline scores, but the school I applied to isn't necessarily looking for Type-A personalities.

How do y'all see this shakin' out, any suggestions?

Members don't see this ad.

I recently had a day long interview. The first interviewer was a cold, self absorbed, evil person. However, I thought I handled myself well and at the end he said "I'm going to do everything I can to see you get in here".

The second interviewer was warm and friendly. At the end of it, he said "If any other school makes you an offer I want you to call me, and I'll see to it you decide to come here".

I thought these were very good signs, but reading the preceding posts now I'm not so sure. I have borderline scores, but the school I applied to isn't necessarily looking for Type-A personalities.

How do y'all see this shakin' out, any suggestions?

From what I can tell, there's no real correlation between good/bad interviews and acceptances/rejections/waitlists (grarghwaitlists :mad:). I've tried logic and logic doesn't work. The harder you try to make sense of the application process, the less sense it makes. Besides, once the interview is over, there's really not much you can do. A letter of intent / interest / update might be effective, but it might not do anything at all. Send it if you think that you can write a good one. If both interviewers seemed to really want you to come to their school, don't take it as a bad sign. When interviewers offer acceptances on the spot, it's not an indication that you'll actually get in, but don't take it as a guaranteed rejection either. Try not to worry too much- worrying won't make your acceptance any more likely and it'll make it that much harder to do the things that you enjoy. Good luck :luck: