How important are the scores for each section?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JuneBug76

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi. I took the PCAT today and was pleased overall with my scores:

Verbal Ability: 99%
Bioligy: 98%
Reading Comp: 94%
Quantitative: 54%
Chemistry: 98%
Composite: 99%

However, as you can see, my quantitative score is significantly lacking. I think it was a combination of coming to rely too heavily on my calculator (throughout high school, SAT and college we were allowed to use them and suddenly for the PCAT they weren't allowed), and me just not being able to pace myself (totally ran out of time). I’m wondering how important the individual section scores are to schools, which sections are most important, whether there are minimum requirements for sections, etc. Do I need to retake the test to bring up the quantitative score or is it not a really big deal. I got B+’s in the two semesters of calc I took in college if that influences the decision.

Thanks for any advice!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi. I took the PCAT today and was pleased overall with my scores:

Verbal Ability: 99%
Bioligy: 98%
Reading Comp: 94%
Quantitative: 54%
Chemistry: 98%
Composite: 99%

However, as you can see, my quantitative score is significantly lacking. I think it was a combination of coming to rely too heavily on my calculator (throughout high school, SAT and college we were allowed to use them and suddenly for the PCAT they weren't allowed), and me just not being able to pace myself (totally ran out of time). I’m wondering how important the individual section scores are to schools, which sections are most important, whether there are minimum requirements for sections, etc. Do I need to retake the test to bring up the quantitative score or is it not a really big deal. I got B+’s in the two semesters of calc I took in college if that influences the decision.

Thanks for any advice!
Do. Not. Retake