How important is it to have thick skin in medical schoool?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Big difference between smaller companies family/friend owned/operated and publicly held :)

And even at the family owned (like my friend's company), he's somewhat oblivious to the plight of the employees.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
If you are the ultra sensitive type that is always offended by what other people say, then most people in your class will hate your guts or just stay as far away from you as possible.

Reactions: 1 users
If you are the ultra sensitive type that is always offended by what other people say, then most people in your class will hate your guts or just stay as far away from you as possible.

Because people suck. OP learn to hide your thin hide, but never change who you are. You are a beautiful snowflake and your sensitivity will make you a more compassionate doctor.

Members don't see this ad :)
You are a beautiful snowflake and your sensitivity will make you a more compassionate doctor.

e6b09218a4451d85d8e8a144b7fc741b4eae1378f29976a16a0a69d9d1a3398c.jpg

Reactions: 1 user
There are rude mean people everywhere. Get ready for it when you're a doctor. I believe the nurses get the brunt of it but I've seen patients be equally rude to physicians.

Because people suck. OP learn to hide your thin hide, but never change who you are. You are a beautiful snowflake and your sensitivity will make you a more compassionate doctor.

Having thick skin and being compassionate are not mutually exclusive. Feeling slighted by every little thing, however, will make life very difficult for OP.