How Important is Kaplan book

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

fateh

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi guys
please share ur experience . how important is kaplan to get 90 or plus.
coz it take hell of the time to go thru it. Is it worth it? if the time is short i think its better to do decks from heart and papers.
can we score 90 or 91 with decks.
i am left with very less time so just want ur advise........ :confused:

thanks...i will appreciate ur feedback.
:thumbup:

Members don't see this ad.

knock .. knock....... anybody out there !!!!!!!!!!!!! :sleep:

fateh said:
knock .. knock....... anybody out there !!!!!!!!!!!!! :sleep:

Hi

Before I used to think that if you mastered the decks and go through the past papers, you should do well on the exam. But after reading other people's threads..those who have already sat the exam, most of them stressed the importance of studying the Kaplan book in addition to the decks. A lot of them suggested that careful reading and retention of the Kaplan material is needed to have a great chance at doing well. I know, it's a lot of work because it used to scare the heck out of me just by just looking at how thick the book is, but it takes a lot of work nowadays to achieve a 90+ score. I know it's even harder to do it when you're short of time, but try to do as much as you can. If you are really short for time, maybe it's best to do that papers and go over things that you have studied already to make sure that you can remember whatever you've studied so far. Hope that helps. Good luck :)

Members don't see this ad :)
thanks cheer up

i know its getting harder these days. people who have recently wrote exam and score 90 and above mus be able to guide us better. i hope they share their experience ,that wat to do if 10-12 days are left.

fateh said:
thanks cheer up

i know its getting harder these days. people who have recently wrote exam and score 90 and above mus be able to guide us better. i hope they share their experience ,that wat to do if 10-12 days are left.
hi
fateh , i took my exam in july.......and from my experience i feel kaplan review material is good ....but kaplan ques bank doit only if you have time otherwise skip..
hope this help
reet

reet said:
hi
fateh , i took my exam in july.......and from my experience i feel kaplan review material is good ....but kaplan ques bank doit only if you have time otherwise skip..
hope this help
reet

thanks reet for sharing ur experience..

fateh said:
hi guys
coz it take hell of the time to go thru it. Is it worth it? if the time is short i think its better to do decks from heart and papers.

Yesterday I received my score report , it was 94...
anyway, I didn't open or even touch kaplan...
too.... you know...
I ate dental decks...
I used text books in some subject, just to clarify some points...
Dental anatomy just from the decks... I had a score 98 in this subject...
I used anatomy atlas very often...
The msg that I want to tell you is:
make sure to study the decks very very very well... AND MAKE SURE TO CLARIFY EVERY POINT YOU FIND IT NOT ENOUGH IN THE DECKS USING TEXTBOOKS...
and good luck

shraz said:
too.... you know...
I ate dental decks...
make sure to study the decks very very very well... AND MAKE SURE TO CLARIFY EVERY POINT YOU FIND IT NOT ENOUGH IN THE DECKS USING TEXTBOOKS...
and good luck

Congrats! Good job. Thanks for the posting.

Congrats! U have done a great job and thanks for the info,it will help students like me who want to prepare but don't know where to start :cool:

hi fateh,
i justgave my part 1 and scored a 90. From my experience ,i feel kaplan notes are important.No doubt decks mean a lot, but i feel it doesnt cover every thing. If u go through all the papers u would realise this,that few question dont have answer's in decks. so u should also be doing KAPLAN ,atleast through them once before your exam .Also refer your text and the internet to clear your doubts.
feel free to contact me incase u need any help.
ALL THE BEST

shraz said:
too.... you know...
I ate dental decks...
and good luck[/QUOTE

you scored 98 for dental anatomy just with decks ,wow ....which decks do u have!

mekha said:
shraz said:
too.... you know...
I ate dental decks...
and good luck[/QUOTE

you scored 98 for dental anatomy just with decks ,wow ....which decks do u have!

yap , 98 and only from the dental decks 2004...
I didn't have any textbooks for dental morphology or occlusion...
The nice thing in this subject is if you think you can answer the questions, even if you didn't have the information...
I faced some tough questions in occlusion with diagrams...
I think I answered them correctly...
If you know the basics, you can solve any question...
Just think....

shraz said:
mekha said:
The nice thing in this subject is if you think you can answer the questions, even if you didn't have the information...
Just think....

I totally agree with u shraz. Even i scored 96 in DA just by reading decks. U have to understand then m sure u can answer all the questions correctly. eg which cusps articulate and the postulates envelope diagram.
Understand these things and not grasp it blankly.

Members don't see this ad :)
the answer to 90 is "strong basics".....its so hard to be 100% sure of ur basics...thats when the kaplan text comes in handy....as they start the subject (topics) and have an ending....unlike decks...decks are divided well and have a great explanation behind each card...but they refer to only one particular question....so to be strong...atleast firm enough..read kaplan...just my suggestion....

Hi Friends,
I am studying the kaplan book. In anatomy did we have to study the whole thing? Since we have lot, can somebody suggest which topics would be important? Thanks.

su74 said:
Hi Friends,
I am studying the kaplan book. In anatomy did we have to study the whole thing? Since we have lot, can somebody suggest which topics would be important? Thanks.[/QUOTE

Whole Embryology,head and neck,neuro antomy is really very very important.
rest if u have time.make sure u read it atleats 3 times

fateh said:
hi guys

If u dont have time ,dont start aything new ,just reavise the old stuff.but u should read video campign chapters at the back of kaplan book.Those are really helpful in memorising little easy details.

shraz said:
mekha said:
Just think....

hey shraz, congrats and thanks for the info,
Are 2004 decks very different from the 2001 decks?

cheer_up said:
Hi

Before I used to think that if you mastered the decks and go through the past papers, you should do well on the exam. But after reading other people's threads..those who have already sat the exam, most of them stressed the importance of studying the Kaplan book in addition to the decks. A lot of them suggested that careful reading and retention of the Kaplan material is needed to have a great chance at doing well. I know, it's a lot of work because it used to scare the heck out of me just by just looking at how thick the book is, but it takes a lot of work nowadays to achieve a 90+ score. I know it's even harder to do it when you're short of time, but try to do as much as you can. If you are really short for time, maybe it's best to do that papers and go over things that you have studied already to make sure that you can remember whatever you've studied so far. Hope that helps. Good luck :)

hi iam sam n iam new here. plz cud u tell me where i can find practice papers from? i have the kaplan but donot have decks or papers? cud u help
regards

where did everybody get the kaplan book?? i don't want to pay 400 for it!

congrats buddy!job well done! :thumbup: :thumbup:
shraz said:
mekha said:
Just think....

congrats to u too once again....!i feel kapan is a must ,but not for all subjects and yes decks r mandatory too!
doc12 said:
hi fateh,
i justgave my part 1 and scored a 90. From my experience ,i feel kaplan notes are important.No doubt decks mean a lot, but i feel it doesnt cover every thing. If u go through all the papers u would realise this,that few question dont have answer's in decks. so u should also be doing KAPLAN ,atleast through them once before your exam .Also refer your text and the internet to clear your doubts.
feel free to contact me incase u need any help.
ALL THE BEST