Michael_Scott

Best Boss
2+ Year Member
Sep 3, 2016
Status (Visible)
  1. Fellow [Any Field]
hey guys, how important is doing leadership position in getting a residency ?
or are research, volunteer etc sufficient in terms of extra-curriculars ?

FanOfCostco

7+ Year Member
Jan 30, 2012
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
Which residency are you talking about? In general I think it's important because you get to network (ADEA, asda). Also showing leadership is never a bad thing. I think it is only a positive on your resume. That being said.... I don't really know of anyone in my class that got into any speciality program without showing any sort of ec.

Michael_Scott

Best Boss
2+ Year Member
Sep 3, 2016
Status (Visible)
  1. Fellow [Any Field]
Which residency are you talking about? In general I think it's important because you get to network (ADEA, asda). Also showing leadership is never a bad thing. I think it is only a positive on your resume. That being said.... I don't really know of anyone in my class that got into any speciality program without showing any sort of ec.
just in general. Yea, I am doing EC's but just not leadership positions. Wanted to know how important leadership position is..

About the Ads

free99

Volunteer Staff
7+ Year Member
Oct 24, 2012
Status (Visible)
  1. Dentist
These questions are really hard to answer. Maybe @setdoc7 has some insight. I think showing involvement is good, leadership positions is even better, but ultimately grades and specialty specific interest/activity trump all.

Reactions: 1 users

Michael_Scott

Best Boss
2+ Year Member
Sep 3, 2016
Status (Visible)
  1. Fellow [Any Field]
These questions are really hard to answer. Maybe @setdoc7 has some insight. I think showing involvement is good, leadership positions is even better, but ultimately grades and specialty specific interest/activity trump all.
Thanks that's what I was looking for.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.