How important is to build a dating resume in college?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tennisball80

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is it really that important?

I never had a date in life. Is it important to have dating experiences in college so I can get a woman later on in my life?

Is it really a skill I need to learn in college or I can always learn during reisidency/fellowship?

Obviously, I have a low GPA in women and I never any done ECs toward getting a girlfriend either.

And, I am asking this seriously.

Update December 28, 2009 : I have solved my dating problem already.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Um, how old are you again? Getting a date in college is the easiest and best place to have lots of fun (sex). After college, the women are looking for someone to wife them which results in love (sex) with only one woman. Put in terminology that you might appreciate, the frequency of love (sex) with a love/life partner (wife/husband) goes exponentially down. As this begins to ensue, loving (sex) yourself (hand) does the inverse.

Um, how old are you again? Getting a date in college is the easiest and best place to have lots of fun (sex). After college, the women are looking for someone to wife them which results in love (sex) with only one woman. Put in terminology that you might appreciate, the frequency of love (sex) with a love/life partner (wife/husband) goes exponentially down. As this begins to ensue, loving (sex) yourself (hand) does the inverse.
Very nice breakdown lol.

Members don't see this ad :)
Slightly funny the first time, OP. It gets real boring real fast the second time.

If you don't start dating till residency your gonna be pretty far behind if you plan on getting married by a decent age. Ur already gonna be pretty old by residency and its not like your gonna find your soul mate on your first date. It will take years for you to get dating experience/find a girl worth marrying.
Now if your just looking for getting chicks, u will have no problem if your a doctor. There are plenty of girls out there that will jump anything with a stethoscope. But I think to have a real relationship that lasts it takes some work and ya some experience. Guys for the most part are pretty stupid. We learn by trial and error. Then hopefully by the time your ready to settle down, you have most of the important stuff figured out. Like don't touch the stove top when its on, always remember anniverserys and never under any circumstances say an outfit makes her look fat lol
The mere fact that you used pre-med terms to describe your lack of a love life screams that you need to get yourself a girlfriend

As a female, I can only say that we dont like to teach someone how to date and how to behave in a relationship. We expect guys to be fully prepared. So yes, you definitely should start acquiring that skill now and try to improve it through many experiments and failures. College, is your best place to start and practice because the great quantity and wide range of selection. So, good luck!

Yeah but he's gonna have a pretty low dating IQ....

I haven't had a date in who knows how long (for lack of time/money), but it isn't that hard to accomplish.

1. Don't act desperate.
2. Don't force it to work; a date doesn't contractually obligate you to keep seeing the other person even if you don't "click."
3. Seek dates out in venues where you're likely to find a common interest.
4. Don't be an ***.

As a female, I can only say that we dont like to teach someone how to date and how to behave in a relationship.

It goes both ways.

As a female, I can only say that we dont like to teach someone how to date and how to behave in a relationship. We expect guys to be fully prepared. So yes, you definitely should start acquiring that skill now and try to improve it through many experiments and failures. College, is your best place to start and practice because the great quantity and wide range of selection. So, good luck!

You don't need a dating resume. Sleep with a whole bunch of girls. Build your pleasure resume. The more you can pleasure a woman, the more you are worth. Dating experience is not necessary. Hardcore love-making experience on the other hand, can eliminate entire series of dating problems for you. And fortunately you have college to perfect your technique.

Okay, should I stop posting stuff like this now that I actually have an interview?

If you go looking for a relationship your not going to find one, at least not one that will last. When you find the right girl that meshes with you then you start wondering about dating. Make sure you have friends that are girls, because if you can't handle friendship you might not be ready for a relationship. When you worry about girls that is when your girl problems will start, trust me. Right now, you got 99 problems and a b**ch ain't one. And honestly, do you really want the responsibility and time commitment of a relationship as a pre-med and going into med school? If that is what you really want then just be yourself, because you want a girl to like you for who you are, not for who you pretend to be... and most importantly have fun, be safe, and wrap it before you tap it.

Members don't see this ad :)
You don't need a dating resume. Sleep with a whole bunch of girls. Build your pleasure resume. The more you can pleasure a woman, the more you are worth. Dating experience is not necessary. Hardcore love-making experience on the other hand, can eliminate entire series of dating problems for you. And fortunately you have college to perfect your technique.

Okay, should I stop posting stuff like this now that I actually have an interview?

None of this matters. If your packing an airsoft gun you can't compare to someone whose packing a rifle. Being good at sex isn't really as important as it sounds because females your age are not in their sexual prime, it's science. From personal experience being good with your fingers and tongue does a whole lot more for you than being good in the sack. A girl is not going to dump you for being bad at sex, if she does you don't want to be in a relationship with this girl. And in fact, most girls don't want a long term relationship with someone who they accuse of as a man-*****. Hanging out with girls and getting to know them, improving your game, will do a whole lot more for you than just laying pipe and becoming great at sex. They will never see how great at sex you are if you are socially awkward and have no game.

AMEN.

We are fed up of teaching the basics...after college we expect that you have acquired the basic etiquette to make a decent *gulp* husband :eek:

AMEN.

We are fed up of teaching the basics...after college we expect that you have acquired the basic etiquette to make a decent *gulp* husband :eek:

I'll say it again; it goes both ways. If you ask me, I'm fed up with women who patronize men about their "dating ineptitude" while at the same time remaining with their tool boyfriends for the most idiotic of reasons.

From what it sounds like, the hours in residencies are crazy, so I don't see how that would be a good time to try out dating. Can guarantee women like it if a guy is at least a LITTLE available :p

Also, really? No dates ever? Not even the middle school "dates" or dating in high school? More than worrying about if you can get someone later on, don't you just feel like you're missing out? And I agree with everyone that you're going to need these dating skills. I don't think that when you hit 28 or whatever and are thinking about wanting to settle down, get married, have kids, that you are going to be able to just, poof, make that happen with no dating experience. Dating takes work and if you're not good at it, you'll get dumped. True story

Start dating now!

As the articulate Lil' Wayne put it, "**** bi*ches, get money."
You'll have the second part covered as a physician, so focus on the first part.

This is probably the absolute worst place to get advice from on this topic.

SDN = great at getting into/dealing with Med School

SDN = not great at telling you how to live your life

None of this matters. If your packing an airsoft gun you can't compare to someone whose packing a rifle.

Some airsoft guns are longer/larger than some rifles, or at the very least are the same size. Unless by saying rifle you mean sheer baby juice caliber. In that case, touche.

also, :thumbup: for "laying pipe"

I am subscribing to all of Tennisball80's threads, as they provide a continuous source of entertainment.

Relax man. Go out, enjoy life, don't worry so much about pre-med when it's a Friday or Saturday night.

If you don't start dating till residency your gonna be pretty far behind if you plan on getting married by a decent age. Ur already gonna be pretty old by residency and its not like your gonna find your soul mate on your first date. It will take years for you to get dating experience/find a girl worth marrying.
Now if your just looking for getting chicks, u will have no problem if your a doctor. There are plenty of girls out there that will jump anything with a stethoscope. But I think to have a real relationship that lasts it takes some work and ya some experience. Guys for the most part are pretty stupid. We learn by trial and error. Then hopefully by the time your ready to settle down, you have most of the important stuff figured out. Like don't touch the stove top when its on, always remember anniverserys and never under any circumstances say an outfit makes her look fat lol
The mere fact that you used pre-med terms to describe your lack of a love life screams that you need to get yourself a girlfriend

I agree with this.

... oh my god...

blackholeu.jpg

guys... jeez we really are a bunch of insane pre meds huh?
OP, even if you've never had a date, that does not mean that you will be sooo far behind at your first one or that it will take you years to find your soulmate...
there are no "tricks" to dating.. we all have the basics down from media, etc but use your common sense... treat the other person like a human being and think about what would put a smile on her face. in the end thats all people really want.

also, i know many guys who have had many dates but are terrible at dating anyway... dont be that guy. dont be a douche

LoL!

That's all I have to say.

I don't know even what to say. First don't refer to it as building your dating resume. This isn't an interview and you cant build up and present it to people. This is nothing like medical school so stop trying to prepare for it. Just be yourself and live a little bit.

My advice for your college 4 years.
1. Don't worry about school- 24/7 (you can still have a good time and get grads)
2. Drink and smoke
3. Have one hell of a good time, hook up as much as possible and hold off on having a girlfriend until your senior or junior year.
4. Did i mention party a lot

Relationships suck. You're better off the way you are now.

relationships dont suck...

None of this matters. If your packing an airsoft gun you can't compare to someone whose packing a rifle. Being good at sex isn't really as important as it sounds because females your age are not in their sexual prime, it's science. From personal experience being good with your fingers and tongue does a whole lot more for you than being good in the sack. A girl is not going to dump you for being bad at sex, if she does you don't want to be in a relationship with this girl. And in fact, most girls don't want a long term relationship with someone who they accuse of as a man-*****. Hanging out with girls and getting to know them, improving your game, will do a whole lot more for you than just laying pipe and becoming great at sex. They will never see how great at sex you are if you are socially awkward and have no game.

Oh please. I'm not an idiot. It's not my fault the OP had to ask this question on SDN, quite possibly the worst place to ask it.

Be confident in yourself without being arrogant and maintain high self-esteem in all situations. Lay off self-deprecating humor and constantly stating that "I'm really trying to get back into the dating thing."

As we have discovered earlier, women do NOT want to train a guy in the ways of relationships so don't act like you need it (regardless of if you do). They also want a guy who believes in and likes himself. Because if YOU don't like yourself, why the hell should they?

If you carry yourself with confidence and be the life of the party (no, not that drunk guy) by socializing with everyone, having a good time, and confidently interacting with women (remember, not arrogance or overly-forward), you'll have a good start at at least entering the dating realm.

I never had a date in life. Is it important to have dating experiences in college so I can get a woman later on in my life?

Is it really a skill I need to learn in college or I can always learn during reisidency/fellowship?

Obviously, I have a low GPA in women and I never any done ECs toward getting a girlfriend either.

Since you posted this question on a PRE-MEDICAL forum, you will most likely never get a date. Good job on sealing your fate and letting the world know your virgin status. It sucks because in the next 8 years, the only person you'll date is someone just as sheltered as you. But once you become a doc, then things might change! Good luck

Since you posted this question on a PRE-MEDICAL forum, you will most likely never get a date. Good job on sealing your fate and letting the world know your virgin status. It sucks because in the next 8 years, the only person you'll date is someone just as sheltered as you. But once you become a doc, then things might change! Good luck

Tennisball, if you adopt the persona of jvesco22's avatar I see you as having no problems whatsoever with women in college.

Tennisball, if you adopt the persona of jvesco22's avatar I see you as having no problems whatsoever with women in college.

QFT.

You gotta hit it before the hair does broseph. Anything else is uncivilized.

pedobear-know-she-was-3.jpg

A dating resume? Seriously?

Are you going to present your portfolio to prospective dates?

You need to get out more!

The main thing to do is not focus 110% time on school. You have to enjoy your time in college! (hooking up/sex). Get good grades and go out on the wknds to chase tale. I did this a little too much in undergrad and now i'm payin for it by going back to school! As long as it's done in moderation you should be fine!

first priority = grades
second priority = drinking/getting laid

just enjoy college life bc you will NEVER get to re-live anything like this again...

lol. you should major in "women's studies"

Thanks guys for all the responses.

FYI:

A large percentage of doctors marry other doctors. Women more so than men.

http://www.annals.org/cgi/content/abstract/130/4_Part_1/312

In general, for men your dating situation improves once you're in medical school and continues to improve as you climb the ranks and stay in reasonable shape. You'll probably be dating women who are working on their professional or graduate degree, women who are in college or who have just finished.

For women it also improves once you're in medical school, but it tends to decline after internship starts and when you're in your late 20's. A lot of female doctors tend to remain single or unmarried well into their 30's or 40's.

:laugh:

Wow.

Just wow.

This thread is so full of win I just...

wow.

:laugh:

OP, if you happen to be very confident and know how to work "attraction phase," you'll have no problems. Just don't be clingy. If you're clingy, you'll fail. My first relationship in college, the gal almost flipped out because I told her I hadn't been on a date/had a gf before but she said I totally didn't act that way.

tl;dr, be the guy who doesn't date because there aren't girls good enough for him, not the guy who doesn't date because he's not good enough for girls. (this is mostly a mental state, not an empirical truth)

Last edited:
haha i love this topic. props to you all for playing along with his joke!

Oh please. I'm not an idiot. It's not my fault the OP had to ask this question on SDN, quite possibly the worst place to ask it.

I figured that you were being sarcastic, but I wanted to give serious advice to the OP since he seems to be in a predicament.

Dude, whoever told you that you needed a girlfriend was wrong. Girls don't provide the satisfaction that you think they will, trust me, they get annoying as hell. Especially immature girls in college. Put your time in your studies now, work hard, play later.

i figured that you were being sarcastic, but i wanted to give serious advice to the op since he seems to be in a predicament.

Dude, whoever told you that you needed a girlfriend was wrong. Girls don't provide the satisfaction that you think they will, trust me, they get annoying as hell. Especially immature girls in college. Put your time in your studies now, work hard, play later.
+1