1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

How in-depth are the DAT questions?

Discussion in 'DAT Discussions' started by dhollings0, Dec 19, 2005.

1. dhollings0

dhollings0 Junior Member
    5+ Year Member

The title pretty much sums up the topic of this thread, but to be more specific, I was wondering:

1) How specific/in-depth are the questions in an overall/average sense (most specifically the bio questions)?
    2) How specific/in-deph are some of the hardest questions on the DAT (again, specifically bio, but other sections are welcomed).

I'm trying to grasp the level of detail we need to know so I can study effectively, especially the bio section because there is a wide array of topics.

Thanks, I hope many can help!

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. IndDent

IndDent || Bharat Maata Ki Jai ||
    5+ Year Member

With respect, I say the question itself is not the right one to ask. Just study whatever review book you have, preferrably kaplan dat book, and practice. Get Topscore Pro, difficulty is comparable to real thing. For bio, get schaums outline.

4. dhollings0

dhollings0 Junior Member
    5+ Year Member

Thanks, sounds good to me. So the Kaplan Blue book is perfect for both inorganic and organic chemistry? Would a college textbook be too detailed?

Thanks

5. BabberSher

BabberSher an Army of Darkness fan
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    IndDent, How long did it take u to go through the whole schaum's bio outline?
    Would u recomend re-reading it more than once {or just memorizing as u go through it}?

6. IndDent

IndDent || Bharat Maata Ki Jai ||
    5+ Year Member

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=245149

Check out the above link dhollings and babbersher, its an explanation of how I went about studying. Some of the posters had the same questions and I addressed it in my replies...sorry it was just too much to type up again here.

Peace,
    IndDent

7. BabberSher

BabberSher an Army of Darkness fan
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Dental