dentistry2011

10+ Year Member
Jun 14, 2006
Status
hey guys...how much do we really need to know in terms of taxonomy? i just went through my campbell textbook...and there is soooo much info! for example, do we need to know just the different phylum or do we need to know the major classes as well in each phylum? (i hope not!!!)

also, what do we need to know in terms of plants? just the structure/photosynthesis??

some people have posted about some question on their dat about bones in the arm....since when did we need to know that? its not in the kaplan book! is there other random stuff people can think of that we need to know not in the kaplan book??

thanks!!!

RozhonDDS

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jan 2, 2006
Syracuse
Status
Dental Student
dentistry2011 said:
hey guys...how much do we really need to know in terms of taxonomy? i just went through my campbell textbook...and there is soooo much info! for example, do we need to know just the different phylum or do we need to know the major classes as well in each phylum? (i hope not!!!)

also, what do we need to know in terms of plants? just the structure/photosynthesis??

some people have posted about some question on their dat about bones in the arm....since when did we need to know that? its not in the kaplan book! is there other random stuff people can think of that we need to know not in the kaplan book??

thanks!!!

Well, when I took my DAT i had NO questions about classification, so it all depends, also answering your reference to anatomy, you should just have some sort of basic knowledge about the bones or muscles in the body, I mean its pretty much common sense to pick out the correct answer out of 5 possible answers, when the question asks what bone is in the arm? You should hope you get more questions like these and not more pertaining to autosomal sex linkage or something in that area.