1. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

How is job market for general dentists in big cities, like LA, NYC?

Discussion in 'Dental Residents and Practicing Dentists' started by pocarisweat, Aug 24, 2015.

1. pocarisweat

Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
    How saturated is job market for general dentists in metropolitan areas, like SF, LA, NYC?
    I have heard those are the most saturated areas with dentists and most of new grads move out to work in rural areas, but is it impossible to find a job and join the associates? or is it possible with a highly reduced pay? if possible, what is pay difference like?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. comatose

comatose Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

This all depends on what you want at this point In your life. If you want to live in a big city then go for it. Salaries shouldn't dictate where you might want to live. that being said I lived in a big city with an average salary. i moved and now I make almost double what I made in the big city. It just depends where you're at and what YOU want to do not what soemone else is doing

4. pocarisweat

Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
    Thank you for your reply. Yes I do really want to live in metro area, but reading the threads made me think that it is almost not possible to find a job in those cities but I guess it is doable. Thanks!

5. AP1111

2+ Year Member

What rural area did you move to?