How is post bac gpa evaluated by adcoms?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

GreenDuck12

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I finished undergrad two years ago with a 3.8 cum and a 3.46 sGPA (three science classes for liberal arts students). I've just started an informal post bac program at UMass and HES and so far I am doing well. My question is how do adcoms evaluate post-bac science GPA in comparison to undergrad sGPA?

Members don't see this ad.

Many schools forgive your undergrad gpa if your post bac gpa is high. I know Wayne State will look past your undergrad gpa if you take 20+ post bac credits and do very well.

I won't say they "forgive" ugpa, but they will weight the post bacc highly if you do well in the science classes that you take. Wayne State is an exception though

Members don't see this ad :)
The higher, the better. Basically, we're looking for 3.5+. A 3.0 to a 3.3 sGPA in a post-bac is a kiss of death at my school.

I finished undergrad two years ago with a 3.8 cum and a 3.46 sGPA (three science classes for liberal arts students). I've just started an informal post bac program at UMass and HES and so far I am doing well. My question is how do adcoms evaluate post-bac science GPA in comparison to undergrad sGPA?

Reactions: 1 user
is there section on app for "post bacc science gpa"?

is there section on app for "post bacc science gpa"?
Yes. You enter the classes just like all the others, but mark them as "post-bacc" instead of "FR/SO/JR/SR". Looks like this on AMCAS...
1198191870-amcas_gpa2.jpg

Reactions: 1 user