how is the clinical rotation at PCOM?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

desam

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
First of all, I really really want to attend PCOM. One aspect about PCOM that blows my mind is the opporunityt to not only have clerkships in more than 51 hospitals but also the flexibility of choosing electives.

For those already attending PCOM, what kind of electives are available and can you choose your own (coming up with your own?), where can I find more information about this? the website isn't too helpful.

THanks

Members don't see this ad.

First of all, I really really want to attend PCOM. One aspect about PCOM that blows my mind is the opporunityt to not only have clerkships in more than 51 hospitals but also the flexibility of choosing electives.

For those already attending PCOM, what kind of electives are available and can you choose your own (coming up with your own?), where can I find more information about this? the website isn't too helpful.

THanks

electives are electives. Its whatever you want. You can rotate with faculty or go anywhere in the world

is PCOM's campus as nice as advertised????it looks amazing on the virtual tour.

Members don't see this ad :)

THanks

You can do anything, anywhere as an elective as long as the person who is precepting you is a licensed physician OR a PhD if you do a research elective.

All electives must be approved by the clinical education department but I have had friends do everything from Family Medicine in Alaska to Cardiothoracic Surgery in Guatemala.