How is the program at City College of New York/CUNY these days?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

representwitpixels

Reaction score
How is the program at City College NY viewed these days based on your experiences or what you've heard? How is student funding? I've seen the outcome measures as well as heard of a number of graduates who are now tenured or tenure track at various universities. I'm also aware of the psychodynamic friendliness. I haven't, however, heard about recent student experiences, reality on the ground about funding, and much about how the program is viewed by contemporaries. My sincere gratitude for any perspectives you may provide.

Members don't see this ad.

I was living in NYC a couple years ago while going through the application cycle and considered applying but decided against it due to the funding situation. They seemed shaky on how they fund students. It didn't sound like they guaranteed it for all years in the program, nor did it sound like they guaranteed a stipend.... which to me, didn't really seem like the best choice given the high COL in Manhattan.

Reactions: 1 users
I’ve been on externship with several CUNY students and supervised by multiple CUNY graduates within the last 3-5 years. All seemed exceptionally well trained and spoke highly of their experience. No idea about funding. Worth an application.

Reactions: 1 user