how it be worth it?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pezzang

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have not yet taken organic chem or physics. do you think it would be worth taking kaplan mcat course? my main purpose of taking mcat is to raise my verbal skill as much as possible. and i actually have another year to prepare for mcat. do you still think that taking kaplan mat course will raise my verbal score? thanx for your help in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

i took two times yesterday. i got 6 the first time and then 8 on the second time. it was the first time taking it so i got a little hang of it in the second time. does it help?

I'd say just practice yourself, the course doesn't teach you anything useful in terms of verbal(from my experience).

Lots of passages...read them straight through, mark nothing at all, and answer the questions immediately after. That's all :D.

To me, even concentrating on finding the main idea and all that stuff was messing me up...just read it and get a "feel" for it, as you would be normally. You'll do the best that way...I found that out after I ended up trying every strategy under the sun :D

Members don't see this ad :)
ok, so yesterday i bought The economist magazine and read some articles in "the pacific" "ns news" and "ny times" what are some other good sources ofr reading that could be a good practice for mcat verbal? also, do you think the verbal score rises with time if i keep practice readig with big MAP and critical mind? I just finished my first year and i want to score around 13 by the time i take the real mcat.( i got 6 and then 8 on the first and the second practice mcat i took on saturday, respectively) but i heard that for some people, the verbal score doesn't really improve. pleae give me some comments. thanx a lot guys!

Is English your first language?

Practice does seem to be the key for most people.