Dr. Li

2+ Year Member
Jul 22, 2016
Status
Pre-Dental
Dear friends,

I just finished the DAT test on 9/8. i have everything ready except for personal statement and LORS. Do I must have PS and LORs prior to submission? (the submit button is gray. )(besides, the Dentpin-My account summary page didnt show my DAT grades, how long will it take? I already got a printed unofficial score report).

seems like everyone else already got interviews, and im here procrastinating...

my sGPA=3.4ish, (one dropped class counted). overall Gpa is 3.4.
DAT: PAT20, QR25, RC20, BIO18, Gchem24, Ochem22/[TS21, AA22].

the schools i want to apply have the earliest deadline as 10/1. if i submit on 9/16 is it still too late? btw im an international student graduating this Dec. what are my chances? i think i might mess up this year...

Last edited:

DDSDCMUU

2+ Year Member
May 11, 2017
You need your PS to submit your application. I believe you can submit your app without LORs though. Submit ASAP. The verification process/official DAT score upload will take a few weeks.

S

Spliced

You are very late in the cycle. processing your transcript will take 2-4 weeks and yes you need your PS and LORs. Unless you have amazing states i would say your chances are very slim at this point.

Reactions: Dr. Li
About the Ads

Its_Me_G

2+ Year Member
Jun 4, 2017
Status
Pre-Dental
What are your stats? It's pretty late in the cycle and it takes a few weeks to verify your app and have your official DAT score linked to your app. You can submit without having your LORs but you do have to request them before submission and you have to have your PS before you submit

OP
Dr. Li

Dr. Li

2+ Year Member
Jul 22, 2016
Status
Pre-Dental
What are your stats? It's pretty late in the cycle and it takes a few weeks to verify your app and have your official DAT score linked to your app. You can submit without having your LORs but you do have to request them before submission and you have to have your PS before you submit

OP
Dr. Li

Dr. Li

2+ Year Member
Jul 22, 2016
Status
Pre-Dental
You are very late in the cycle. processing your transcript will take 2-4 weeks and yes you need your PS and LORs. Unless you have amazing states i would say your chances are very slim at this point.
my heart beats fast now, I played too much during summer

Its_Me_G

2+ Year Member
Jun 4, 2017
Status
Pre-Dental
Your stats are pretty average with your GPA a little below average and your DAT a little above. I would recommend you save your money and apply in June/July of next year to maximize your chances of getting in

OP
Dr. Li

Dr. Li

2+ Year Member
Jul 22, 2016
Status
Pre-Dental
Your stats are pretty average with your GPA a little below average and your DAT a little above. I would recommend you save your money and apply in June/July of next year to maximize your chances of getting in
Bro, im scared

OP
Dr. Li

Dr. Li

2+ Year Member
Jul 22, 2016
Status
Pre-Dental
You need your PS to submit your application. I believe you can submit your app without LORs though. Submit ASAP. The verification process/official DAT score upload will take a few weeks.
if i submitted, can i still add LORs after?

Kou_KeiKi

2+ Year Member
Mar 10, 2017
Status
Dental Student
if i submitted, can i still add LORs after?
You have to send the LoR requests and complete your PS before you submit. Your DAT will take 2-3 weeks to process. After you submit the completed app (with PS and LoR requests), it takes another 1-3 weeks for the app to be "verified." You should save your money and apply EARLY next year.

About the Ads