How late am I?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

satdixon

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone! I submitted my AMCAS application on June 16th, but was not added to the queue until June 30th due to my transcripts being a little delayed. I am still waiting to be verified. I was wondering how late would I be in regards to submitting secondaries

Members don't see this ad.

Early, probs not. On time yeah. Will it have any effect on your chances if you submit earlier, probs not if you are a strong candidate.
Awesome! Thank you so much!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey everyone! I submitted my AMCAS application on June 16th, but was not added to the queue until June 30th due to my transcripts being a little delayed. I am still waiting to be verified. I was wondering how late would I be in regards to submitting secondaries
You're fine. Even early October won't be late this year for MD, and mid-Dec for DO.

Reactions: 1 user
What do you think is considered early for this year @Goro?
June through August. That's true for every year.

But let's kill another pernicious pre-med delusion.

Just because you're early, that doesn't mean you go tot he head of the line for IIs unless you're a superstar. Even at the Really Top Schools, they get tons of apps from superstars, The schools can only wade through so many each week.

Reactions: 1 users
Makes sense. Do you think the interview season will be extended this year? I have heard it has already been delayed as some schools have delayed pre-match to November 15th. Looks like interviews have been pushed back at some places. Also is June through August early for primaries specifically or including secondaries as well?

I’m en route to be completed by mid October at the latest aka secondaries submitted due to transcript delays affecting verification...I know that won’t be early but would that still be on time or be considered late? Just wondering so I know what mindset to go in with when adding schools after verification

Makes sense. Do you think the interview season will be extended this year? I have heard it has already been delayed as some schools have delayed pre-match to November 15th. Looks like interviews have been pushed back at some places. Also is June through August early for primaries specifically or including secondaries as well?
It will