How late am I?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Liquidshock

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
It seems like most ppl are almost done with their secondaries.
I submitted my primary in mid-July, but haven't really started working on secondaries. I "plan" to work on them hard and submit them within next two weeks... does that still make me late in the game?
I know there are August MCAT takers, but I dun think there are that many August MCAT takers applying in this application cycle...

I know I should stop worrying and start writing, but I could not resist but ask... especially after reading that 1/3 of interview spots for umich is taken.

Members don't see this ad.

scale of 1 to 10 u are a 5.273

You're still earlier than the August MCATers.

Members don't see this ad :)
I haven't even submitted AMCAS yet...how screwed am I? I have around a 3.4 gpa, but got a 37 mcat. I don't have much direct clinical experience other than some shadowing and some relief efforts with the red cross. I did a little research in undergrad, but most of my activities were non-medical. If I get it in over the next 2 weeks, am I OK? I'm applying to UVA, VCU, Stanford, Vandy, Columbia, NYU, Mt Sinai, maybe Georgetown, Yale....what do you think?

That 37 MCAT sure helps.

But if you get your application going now, and get your secondaries in in a timely fashion, you should be more than fine for this cycle. Just don't procrastinate.