jp104

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 18, 2004
NYC
Visit site
Status
Resident [Any Field]
I submitted my app in July 24th. It in all likelyhood will not be verified and sent out till mid August at the earliest. Am I still in the early range? I tried searching on here, but most of the posts said that June was early.

I am just trying to get a range of dates :)

Thanks much in advance!

Signed,
Neurotic applicant :D

MJB

Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Apr 12, 2005
Status
Attending Physician
I hope to submit mine in the next week...and don't even take the MCAT for another 3..so if that's late...I guess it's late..

I wanted to apply this cycle to see if I could get in anywhere...if not, have to do it all over again...but I'll take my chances this year.

About the Ads

lainy105

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 24, 2006
Status
Medical Student
I'm pretty much in the same boat as you, I submitted mine on july 15th. I'm also hoping that it's still considered early. I think we should be fine. think of all the people who are taking the august MCAT.

jp104 said:
I submitted my app in July 24th. It in all likelyhood will not be verified and sent out till mid August at the earliest. Am I still in the early range? I tried searching on here, but most of the posts said that June was early.

Thanks much in advance!

Signed,

laboholic

10+ Year Member
Jun 16, 2005
Status
Resident [Any Field]
I consider anything before October "early". I didnt submit until November and my secondaries were not sent until December.
I bet less than 6.2% of applicants have submitted as of this point. Probably 50-60% are waiting to take the august MCAT and most people underestimate the time it takes to put together an application.

amathew

10+ Year Member
Jul 11, 2006
Status
Pre-Medical
laboholic said:
I consider anything before October "early". I didnt submit until November and my secondaries were not sent until December.
I bet less than 6.2% of applicants have submitted as of this point. Probably 50-60% are waiting to take the august MCAT and most people underestimate the time it takes to put together an application.
yea i agree....at first i freaked out when people were talking about secondaries and didnt know when mine would be processed. but like someone said...some are still waiting on their mcat score. so its all good...i just submitted mine over the past weekend as well

HunterGatherer

HunterGatherer
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Oct 13, 2005
The Lone Star State
Status
Attending Physician
laboholic said:
My idea of early is giving yourself a chance to get interviews and an acceptance before the end December. You should submit to AACOMAS before the end of August. New Year's Eve will never feel so good!

brookliner7

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jun 20, 2006
Status
Resident [Any Field]
thanks guys, this is refreshing for me to read. I have been freakin' out since I was thinking two months behind the June 1st pack was a terrible terrible thing. I'm still waiting on AACOMAS to finish calculating my GPA then it will be sent out.

dr.z

15+ Year Member
Jul 3, 2004
Detroit, MI
Status
Fellow [Any Field]
jp104 said:

Thanks much in advance!

Signed,
You'll be fine.

About the Ads