How late is late?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kevink

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello, got a 31 , 3.5 GPA with strong extracurriculars. Will be sending in the end of july. Is that late? I dont understand rolling admissions so well. Please Help!

Members don't see this ad.

kevink said:
Hello, got a 31 , 3.5 GPA with strong extracurriculars. Will be sending in the end of july. Is that late? I dont understand rolling admissions so well. Please Help!

Rolling admissions: First one to finish his application entirely (AMCAS, Secondary, Pay fee, Letters of Rec) will get interviews first, and as a result will be considered and accepted first, even if a better candidate will apply last minute. That is the way that I understand it. (In the ideal world that at least). So..... the sooner you apply, the better chances you are giving yourself.

vs. Schools that do not have rolling admissions: they wait until the deadline to cut the post-secondary applicants pool and give some of them interviews. So you are not penalized (ideally) if you applied late. Again this is the way I understand it.

I would try to get that AMCAS in, because it might take them a while to process it. The longer you wait, the more people get ahead of you on AMCAS Verification line.

Good luck! :)