How late is too late for secondaries?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cwrig14

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I submitted my primary at the end of June and was verified toward the end of July. I received all of my secondaries within a couple days and have been complete at about 15 schools since mid August. After sending the secondaries to 15 schools I was out of money. I've saved up enough to apply to 2-3 more schools I am interested in, but is it too late? If it is worth trying, should I make a note of this in the optional essay sections of the secondary app?

Members don't see this ad.

Why wouldn't you apply to the schools you saved up money to apply to? If you really want to apply to them, then who cares what anyone thinks. Apply and see what happens. And as far as making a note of this...What exactly is "this"? If you're referring to your reason for applying late, then no, don't put that anywhere in the secondary.

I could use that money elsewhere (travel, lodging for interviews, etc) if submitting secondaries 5 weeks after the invitations drastically reduces my chances at the schools.