• SDN Site Updates

Hey everyone! The site will be down for approximately 2 hours on Thursday, August 5th for site updates.

pikamookie

10+ Year Member
Jan 24, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
Hi there everyone. I am planning to take Physics II this summer and would like to take the MCATs sometime in August, right afterward. Would it be smarter to just try and learn that stuff now beforehand and take it in July? Because of the new format, does it matter so much if I take them in July or August? All the people who just took the test this past month, are you guys all applying this summer for 2008? Or did you already apply and are retaking it? I guess I'm just confused as to when schools will take your MCAT scores and if I mess up, when I can retake them to still be considered for 2008.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! I am a post bac student without a good premed advisor, so I'm still trying to figure all this stuff out. Thanks again!

Funky

This space is for sale
10+ Year Member
Feb 15, 2006
NY
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
taking it in august may keep you out of some interviews. you have to think that you have to maximize your chances by taking the mcat early and applying early. however, just focus on doing well on the mcat. take the test when you're ready, because a good mcat exam is more important than applying early imo

Hope48

10+ Year Member
Nov 6, 2006
Status (Visible)
Be sure to check with med schools when the last day to report MCAT scores. My state school requires that applicants have their MCAT scores by
Sept 1st, so the last time I could take it is in July.

About the Ads

phospho

SDN Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Jun 4, 2006
Columbus, OH
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
is it valid to assume that the application deadlines are the same as MCAT deadlines? Because if so, assuming that nothing has changed since 2006, there are no schools that have a sept. 1 deadline, according to this:

http://www.aamc.org/students/amcas/deadlines.htm

or am I confused?:oops:

P.S. I can't seem to find the MCAT deadline for ohio state, all it says is that the app. deadline is Dec. 1st - that's why I'm having trouble understanding this:)

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.