numbersloth

2+ Year Member
Mar 26, 2015
Status
Pre-Health (Field Undecided), Pre-Medical
How detrimental is it to apply late if I'm interested in top schools? I don't want to rush my GRE but I'm wondering if it will even we worth applying after the priority deadline.

Pudu2009

Tiniest deer
2+ Year Member
Jan 6, 2015
Bay Area
Status
Non-Student
With your GPA you have a good chance at scholarships, so I would apply by the priority deadline. That being said, almost everyone applies to meet priority deadlines, so you'll want to submit about 4 weeks in advance of those deadlines to account for the massive backlog that my occur during the verification process. Many schools will not look at your app until it is verified, so plan accordingly. See if you can submit pending GRE.

OP
N

numbersloth

2+ Year Member
Mar 26, 2015
Status
Pre-Health (Field Undecided), Pre-Medical
With your GPA you have a good chance at scholarships, so I would apply by the priority deadline. That being said, almost everyone applies to meet priority deadlines, so you'll want to submit about 4 weeks in advance of those deadlines to account for the massive backlog that my occur during the verification process. Many schools will not look at your app until it is verified, so plan accordingly. See if you can submit pending GRE.
So what is the latest date you would recommend I submit my SOPHAS for verification?

About the Ads

Pudu2009

Tiniest deer
2+ Year Member
Jan 6, 2015
Bay Area
Status
Non-Student
Four weeks prior to your first deadline. Figure out which schools are due first, select those designations, and submit. You can add new designations after your app is verified. Verification happens only once.

O

ohopenyoureyes

Four weeks prior to your first deadline. Figure out which schools are due first, select those designations, and submit. You can add new designations after your app is verified. Verification happens only once.
Are scholarships not offered to students who don't meet the priority deadline?

Pudu2009

Tiniest deer
2+ Year Member
Jan 6, 2015
Bay Area
Status
Non-Student
About the Ads