How Late To Take Practice Tests Before Actual DAT?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Strag

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
For those who took the DAT, how late did you wait until you took the practice tests for the DAT? What are the advantages?

Some tell me the last week leading up to the DAT.

I'm trying to set up my schedule for the last month before the DAT and would appreciate your input.

Members don't see this ad.

For those who took the DAT, how late did you wait until you took the practice tests for the DAT? What are the advantages?

Some tell me the last week leading up to the DAT.

I'm trying to set up my schedule for the last month before the DAT and would appreciate your input.

i would like to know as well i have 2 weeks left til D-day and im gonna take my first prac test tom...will i be able to do 5 more in 2 weeks and go over dat destroyer again?

The whole week before the dat, I took practice tests. One a day, (topscore, kaplan, or ADA) and 1-2 crack dat pats.

The good:
You should be almost done with your studying, so you get the most accurate results on the practice exams.

The bad:
If you are doing bad on the tests, then you don't have time to improve on anything. You will have to reschedule.

If you have an ample amount of materials to peruse for practice, I would say at least take a look at one of the practice tests before/while you're studying.
I ended up doing practice tests only a day or two before my DAT, but that's because I was extremely behind on my studying schedule and I only had 1 or 2 complete tests to practice on. Didn't want to take a practice test and score low and freak myself out when I wasn't prepared.