How likely is a retroactive withdrawal due to mental illness?

AlfonsTheGuru

Surgeons aren't what they used to be.
Removed
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I took an Introduction to Computer Dual Enrollment Class during my sophomore year of high school.

I was immature and mentally ill (to a lesser extent now) specially with social anxiety disorder and what was not diagnosed at the time, mild depression. Even so, I managed to get a B in the class, which is excellent for the circumstance. With proof of my diagnosis from my personal psychiatrist, how likely is a retroactive withdrawal?

I apologize if this comes out as a dumb question; maybe I'm just looking for a little support and reassurance at the moment :/

Members don't see this ad.

I feel like it wouldn't be the effort to try to withdraw from the class after already taken it given that a B isn't the end of the world. That's just my opinion, though.

I feel like it wouldn't be the effort to try to withdraw from the class after already taken it given that a B isn't the end of the world. That's just my opinion, though.
I appreciate your opinion. I feel compelled to do this, because I want the chance to earn a 4.0 GPA. A fresh start

Members don't see this ad :)
I appreciate your opinion. I feel compelled to do this, because I want the chance to earn a 4.0 GPA. A fresh start
In that case maybe talk to an advisor at your school? They would be the people who would help you through that process if you really want to withdraw, although I have personally not heard of retroactive withdrawals.

While a 4.0 is an impressive feat, no one is going to question a 3.98 or even a 3.9. If this is your only B and it was your sophomore year in an intro to computers class (idk what that even means...), then it will have exactly 0 effect on your application for colleges. Just focus on getting A's in everything else and that one B will be nothing to worry about. Honestly, it will likely take far more effort to get it withdrawn than it is worth.

Reactions: 1 user